Working part laces and leaving tails

  • Lorelei Terry
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
      Recently there was a question about sewing out the end of a tape to its beginning loops, and I responded with some drawings. I also said it is a good idea to leave tails, rather than cutting off short, until the whole piece is done. Here is a perfect example of what I was talking about:
      https://picasaweb.google.com/110343124276885641407/DeToutPourLesSites?feat=content_notification#5704086768547392978
    • Sue Duckles
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2012
        Yeah.... mine never looks as tidy as that!! LOL

        Once the bobbins have been thrown out for a few rows, I cut them off leaving a long tail, then I can re-use the bobbins!! When I'm doing the 'end sewings', I leave the bobbins on until EVERY one is complete, then cut them off leaving a tail. I then leave the lace on the pillow for a day or so, take the pins out, lift the lace and Very Carefully, cut the ends off!!

        Sue in East Yorkshire