just joined this group

  • Dot Letch
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011
      Thankyou Lynda. I am so happy to belong to this group!

      I have been hosting a weekly meeting of 6 ladies who lace and have
      learned a lot, but am a slow learner ! we do have fun, and after three
      years are good friends and the weekly gathering is much more of a social
      chat as well as lacing! I work in Torchon ground and have learned how to
      do rose ground and spiders.

      I am making miniature lace items for my doll house, which is just a
      bare shell at the moment, but will be in the Georgian period.

      I do doll house miniatures and decorate eggs, and am editor of the the
      Australian Associations magazine.

      We live in the outer eastern area of Melbourne, at the foothills of the
      Dandenong Ranges.

      I work part time in aged care, and have been married to John for nearly 36
      years, we have two daughters and two grandchildren, and three other
      children (adults) from Johns first marriage, and they have 7 children, so
      lots of birthdays and merry Christmases!

      Now retired (I work on a casual basis) we go to visit our families in the
      UK each year for 2 months. This year I was thrilled to finally get to
      Honinton, and to visit the museum there.

      I look forward to meeting all of you and am thrilled at the high
      membership.. Bobbin lace is a great hobby and past time eh?

      Cheers

      Dot