11089Re: [bobbinlace] New to the group

  • Karen Sammie Manduca
    Jan 7, 2014
      Hi Jess,

      How lovely that you are still so young and can enjoy many years of lace making. I am now 51, but started to learn bobbin lace when I was still 19.

      I am Maltese and live in Malta, but Maltese lace is not my favourite :-)

      Karen in Malta

      Sent from my iPad

      On 07 Jan 2014, at 01:09 am, Jessica Harman <jessy_harman@...> wrote:

      Hi everyone,

      I recently joined before Christmas, but got caught up in the busy celebrating and haven’t had time to post anything.

      Im 23 from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

      I started bobbin lace last year and am working on Rosemary Sheppards book for beginners.

      However I am currently working on a wedding garter which is now approx 40cm long, which has hearts, fans and basic ground.

      Im enjoying my lace and have seen lots of lovely books I would like, Im also thinking of making myself another pillow so I can have multiple pieces going at once.

      Happy New Year

      Jess

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic