Re: [boatdesign] Bolger Brick inspired boat Teardrop

  • Chief Redelk
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2013
      Hey Zoran. How are you my beloved brother. Glad to see you on line..
      Yes a nice camp boat may be great. NOW I am thinking outside the box.
      smile.. Actually I was gifted an old 16 foot fiberglass boat hull. I
      am considering making it into a swim, fishing, maybe over night boat.
      Be well, Chief..

      On 8/29/13, Zoran Pualich <motoklas@...> wrote:
      > Hi Chief - not good only in boats but in words, too!
      > <brick boat and thinking out of box>
      >

      > Bob - great small boat, very cute and seems to me practical - for what you
      > want of it. Nice design and work.
      >
      > As I was interested in tear-drop  trailing campers and small cabin boats for
      > many years, your realisation is interesting for me. Probably that I should
      > forget on tear-drop camping trailer, but one small camping boat in that
      > style is still possible. Just to finish my punt-boat and test it (testing me
      > and my wife too), I will consider something similar (collected a lot of
      > photos, made too many sketches - just to start to build)...
      >
      > Happy sailing!
      >
      > Ciao, Zoran.
      >
      > P.S.: Is that planing hull - as I can see it? (flat bottom from middle to
      > the end)...
      >

      > ________________________________

    • ra_sachs
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2013
        Chief,

        The boat is 8ft long, 4ft wide and 4ft tall. I took Bolgers dimensions and just copied them for the top. Pretty straight forward and the results, I thought, turned out pretty good too. I used epoxy inside and out on top of home depot bc grade plywood with 2 part paint. Thanks for your thoughts. Bob.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2013
          I built a small camper that is exactly those dimensions..It's perfect
          for one man. My camper would have floated IF I had not put windows in
          it and a door on the side..i built it exactly like I would build a
          boat except it don't look like a boat and yours does. I did however
          draw up a boat camper years ago.. IF I had a boat with those
          dimensions I would ballast the bottom due to windage..I felt mine
          would float better on it's side. BUT who knows. I do not intend to get
          mine in the lake. Smile. You did a great job. MY ONLY regret is I did
          not make my camper 5 feet wide and 10 feet long. I tried to sleep in
          it with a lady and well I don't like to be "that' close..I have an
          electric heater in one end of mine and just a couple more feet longer
          would have made that better too.. I May build another one some day,
          then again I may not BUT IF I Do. I will know how to make it a bit
          better. Have a great day, Chief..