Re: [boatdesign] Re: The search for a practical folding boat goes on, and on, and on, and on...

  • Don Nicholson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2013
      On 19/07/2013 2:24 AM, Samantha Roberts wrote:

      You remove the two frames and the boat collapses vertically, then you fold it lengthwise along the canvas centerline portion.  The folded boat ends up as a flat package, full length by about 1/2 beam by about 4 times the plywood thickness.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
        This shows real diversity in folding boats. I especially admire the high quality aluminum Instaboat, but a trend seems to be toward plastic.
        http://pinterest.com/sermtanakul/folding-boat/

        I looked also for a big daysailer seen long ago but could not find it. Otherwise this is pretty slick.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58rrwE3myqw