Re: [boatdesign] Re: to scarff or but block?

  • OnEvenKeel
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2013
      I've done it both ways. In any case, it's really not as difficult as it seems.  Epoxy with filler is gap filling.  As long as the scarf tapers are reasonably close, the joints will be fine. The trick is to separate the two pieces ever so slightly from being in full contact so that both pieces remain flat.  If you try to fit the joint too closely when the tapers aren't perfect, one piece will invariably ride up over the other.

      On May 27, 2013, at 3:13 PM, "Peter" <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

      Did you scarf the whole sheets before you cut the planks?