Re: [boatdesign] Re: Kite + kayak = ???

  • john colley
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
      I have read about this topic on another site.The consensus was that it is not worth the effort.Controling the kite for one,yes retreiving it when it drops into the water,etc.

      -Sigurd Olson

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2012
        Depends on what type of sailing you want to do.

        Kites have definite advantages for certain types of sailing: light weight, large and powerful tractor effort unlimited by a boat's size, not needing a heavy hull to counteract heeling forces, etc.

        On the other hand, if your interest is like mine, primarily on cruising where passage making can last days with the sails up, with a small cruiser often with only one or two crew, the constant attention that a kite requires could not be met. Therefore, kite sailing is not for cruising.

        Whether or not kite sailing is worth it depends on what type of sailing you do.

        T. Lee.