Re: [boatdesign] AC wings & rigs

  • Chris Ostlind
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2010
      Manfred,

      Apologies for being so late with the response on this. I'm pretty sure your
      figures are correct on the LOA of the amas at 114', though I have seen a
      figure of 113' being tossed about, as well.

      Thanks for the kind words regarding my float design analysis on the BMWO
      tri. I guess that if you hang around a bit in the genre and pay attention to
      what is being shared by the guys at the cutting edge, that sooner, or later,
      some of it will seep into the grey matter.

      I wish my German was a lot better, as I would have enjoyed taking part in
      your group's discussion. Thanks to you, I got to take part, if only
      peripherally.

      Chris Ostlind
      Lunada Design
      www.lunadadesign.com

      On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Manfred Pech <manfred.pech@...> wrote:

      > Chris do you know the definite length of the floats of BOR ? In my opinion
      > they are about 114ft (ALINGHI 110ft). It is amazing that there are so many
      > speculations about the floats of BOR. We have an interesting discussion in
      > german YACHT-FORUM and your contribution here was the best one we could
      > read. Thanking in anticipation.

    • bud e
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2010
        Chris,

        Some time ago you mailed me drawings of a small tri cruiser that would sleep my wife and I side by side.  The design was in the early stages.  Please let me know if you have done anything with this design.  I keep thinking this would be the best type of cruising boat for my wife and I.

        Thanks for your help.

        Bud

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2010
          Hi Bud,