Re: Lew's Miniature Ship

  • nutty_boats
    Message 1 of 60 , Nov 1, 2008
      --- In boatdesign@yahoogroups.com, "pvanderwaart" <pvanderwaart@...>
      wrote:

      > > Yahoo needs to allow us to
      > > change the thread subject.
      >
      > You will note that I changed it to the one you see above without the
      > tiniest problem. This isn't the one that Lew likes, though.

      I read the messages online, not in my mail box, and right at the top
      just above the message box is found in large letters “No rolling
      downwind in cats” even on this message, and on a couple of following
      messages.

      This behavior is apparently something fairly new, I hadn’t noticed it
      before. Before the subject wrould switch to what we entered in the
      Subject box when we changed it.

      One of the reasons I use a Mac is because I often have to deal with
      different languages and writing methods, so I have my computer
      default to the international UTF-8 encoding. Macs come out of the box
      able to handle it. Not so Windows. I’ve had clients ask me to update
      multi-lingual information, only for me to tell them I have to return
      to my Mac to do it, as their Windows computers can’t switch to UTF-8.
      Apparently in Windows special add ons are needed to be installed.

      I wonder what the situation is like with Linux?

      On the Mac apparently Opera has the best support for UTF-8, Firefox/
      Camino is pretty good and only on a couple of places have I had
      troubles with Mac’s own Safari.

      T. Lee.
    • Stefan Probst
      Message 60 of 60 , Jun 22, 2009
        I don't know much about boatin'
        Or why I got this hang,

        > One of my hulls is shorter than the other
        > and both of my keels too long.
        But I go designing every night,
        hopein'one night I might get it right!

        I'm a Designing Fool ....