Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Please stay on topic!

Expand Messages
  • pvanderwaart
    We ve not exhausted new boatdesign ideas. This is the THIRD warning. http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=1566 Peter (moderator)
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      We've not exhausted new boatdesign ideas. This is the THIRD warning.

      http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=1566

      Peter (moderator)
    • Lew Clayman
      ... http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=1566 Uh-oh, maybe we have. There s a comment posted claiming an earlier patent. What I d most like
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- pvanderwaart <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

        > We've not exhausted new boatdesign ideas.
        >
        http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=1566


        Uh-oh, maybe we have. There's a comment posted
        claiming an earlier patent.

        What I'd most like to know about this design (or other
        folders) is how they make the hinge/chine, and of what
        materials. And how long the hinge/chine lasts. What
        are the choices on this issue?

        -Lew




        ---------------------------------------------------------------------

        History is just one damn thing after another.

        - Winston Churchill

        ---------------------------------------------------------------------



        ____________________________________________________________________________________
        Never Miss an Email
        Stay connected with Yahoo! Mail on your mobile. Get started!
        http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail
      • Lew Clayman
        ... http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=1566 Uh-oh, maybe we have. There s a comment posted claiming an earlier patent. What I d most like
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
          --- pvanderwaart <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:

          > We've not exhausted new boatdesign ideas.
          >
          http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=1566


          Uh-oh, maybe we have. There's a comment posted
          claiming an earlier patent.

          What I'd most like to know about this design (or other
          folders) is how they make the hinge/chine, and of what
          materials. And how long the hinge/chine lasts. What
          are the choices on this issue?

          -Lew




          ---------------------------------------------------------------------

          History is just one damn thing after another.

          - Winston Churchill

          ---------------------------------------------------------------------



          ____________________________________________________________________________________
          8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
          with the Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.
          http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/#news
        • clmanges
          ... I don t recall the manufacturer any more, but a while back I found info on a folding row/motor boat. I think the hinge material is poly-something, and it s
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
            --- In boatdesign@yahoogroups.com, Lew Clayman <lew_clayman@...> wrote:
            >
            > --- pvanderwaart <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:
            >
            > > We've not exhausted new boatdesign ideas.
            > >
            > http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=1566
            >
            >
            > Uh-oh, maybe we have. There's a comment posted
            > claiming an earlier patent.
            >
            > What I'd most like to know about this design (or other
            > folders) is how they make the hinge/chine, and of what
            > materials. And how long the hinge/chine lasts. What
            > are the choices on this issue?
            >
            > -Lew
            >
            I don't recall the manufacturer any more, but a while back I found
            info on a folding row/motor boat. I think the hinge material is
            poly-something, and it's pretty strong. They loaded one with cement
            and dropped it about 30 feet into the water, with no damage. I do know
            it was about the ugliest boat I've ever seen.
            Curtis
          • Lew Clayman
            ... Dead straight chines will encourage that sort of result, yeah. What I m mostly thinking is that I d like to know how. Folding things store well, ya know?
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
              --- clmanges <clmanges@...> wrote:

              > I do know it was about the ugliest boat I've ever
              > seen.

              Dead straight chines will encourage that sort of
              result, yeah.

              What I'm mostly thinking is that I'd like to know how.
              Folding things store well, ya know?

              -Lew


              ---------------------------------------------------------------------

              History is just one damn thing after another.

              - Winston Churchill

              ---------------------------------------------------------------------



              ____________________________________________________________________________________
              Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.
              Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
              http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/features_spam.html
            • clmanges
              ... Get all the sales hype you can stand -- http://www.porta-bote.com/ -- and have a gallon or so of Visine handy, cuz this is gonna hurt your eyes!
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
                --- In boatdesign@yahoogroups.com, Lew Clayman <lew_clayman@...> wrote:
                >
                >
                > --- clmanges <clmanges@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I do know it was about the ugliest boat I've ever
                > > seen.
                >
                > Dead straight chines will encourage that sort of
                > result, yeah.
                >
                > What I'm mostly thinking is that I'd like to know how.
                > Folding things store well, ya know?
                >
                > -Lew
                >
                Get all the sales hype you can stand --

                http://www.porta-bote.com/

                -- and have a gallon or so of Visine handy, 'cuz this is gonna hurt
                your eyes!
              • Lew Clayman
                ... Porta-WHAT???? Oh... yeah, bote. That was my second guess. -L ... History is just one damn thing after another. - Winston Churchill ...
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
                  --- clmanges <clmanges@...> wrote:

                  > http://www.porta-bote.com/
                  >
                  > -- and have a gallon or so of Visine handy, 'cuz
                  > this is gonna hurt your eyes!

                  Porta-WHAT????

                  Oh... yeah, bote. That was my second guess.

                  -L

                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

                  History is just one damn thing after another.

                  - Winston Churchill

                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------



                  ____________________________________________________________________________________
                  Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know.
                  Ask your question on www.Answers.yahoo.com
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.