Mustafa 1000

  • shortypen
    Message 1 of 67 , Jun 2, 2004
      Hey guys, let me introduce Umut (he just joined the group) - he is
      aspiring to be a micro capsule boat adventurer. He doesn't speak
      english very well, but he tries really hard.

      He is looking to get a boat designed similar to McNally's "Big C".

      The voyage he wants to take is from Turkey to Italy, about 1000 miles.
      Couple of big problems, the greeks hate turks, so if he is blown to
      their lands, they will probably kill him.

      He has no sailing experience, but is eager to learn, and lives 20
      minutes from a marina. With a hopeful launch date of 1 year from
      now, he should have ample time to construct a boat, and learn to sail
      it. He is fairly poor, but thinks he can scounge up enough
      polyester resin and fiberglass to make a boat like this.

      He has caught a lot of flack in the other groups for having no
      experience at sailing. Please go easy on him, he is a nice guy -- we
      all have to start somewhere, this is the beginning of his journey.

    • nutty_boats
      Message 67 of 67 , Jun 15, 2004

        Ah, a trimeron. That's a completely
        different animal. I thought you were
        talking about a monohull. The outriggers
        control the roll.

        Yet I agree with the need for a foil,
        based on my experiences in light weight
        boats in windy conditions. As for