Re: pedal catamaran?

  • nutty_boats
    Message 1 of 114 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In boatdesign@yahoogroups.com, "John Welsford" <jwboatdesigns@x> wrote=
      :
      > I can see what you are getting at, but suggest that to draw a comparison =
      between a Redninskoyter and an IOR racer is pushing it a bit, about the onl=
      y thing that they have in common is the beam length ratio, everything else =
      is vastly differnent.

      That's exactly why I made the comparison,
      saying that an overly simple measurement
      system would give the wrong impression.

      > And even then a couple of them have diisappeared in the North Atlantic an=
      d they are said to be prone to pitchpoling in certain conditions.

      Interesting. That's what my tests predicted,
      but Marchaj claimed that a full-length keel
      would cure that. Apparently not. Hmmmm……

      > But then, if we weren't prepared to take some risks, we would never allow=
      ourselves to be conceived in the first place.
      > John
    • Paul Browne
      Message 114 of 114 , Oct 18, 2003
        --- In boatdesign@yahoogroups.com, Lew Clayman <lew_clayman@y...>
        wrote:

        "Doesn't sound all that secret to me ;-)"

        First heard of it way back in 1971, so you're right. The key is to
        use "Non-Newtonian" liquids, egg whites being an example with which
        we all are familiar. Smear those biodegradable egg whites on your
        rowboat. Should be a law against fish being slimey.

        Paul Browne
        www.geocities.com/geezerboat