Re: [boatdesign] 20' Chinese Lug Cruiser

  • Jeff Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      I see bits of MAIB, and have decided to subscribe.
      If anyone is a member, would they pass along the
      design comp invite in a note.
      I sent one to the editor, biut dont know if it got thru.

      Ideas similar to mine. Ah, you mean like the ones whirling round in
      all our heads, causing us to nearly get run over, bring the
      wrong things back from the shops etc.

      I thank you for tipping me to Kamakai, which is a more confidence inspiring
      name than Kamakaze I think! I will track it down with my
      faithful spotted hound, Khan.

      Some Kiwi friends put me off twin keels with their astonishingly
      slow 50 footer. In retrospect, it was a tub, and would have been slow
      anyway.
      Beamy, poor lines, overbuilt (They were welders who thought theyd 'try their
      hand at yacht design.) Ive since come to think they are a great way to give
      a gunkholer some stabilty, as long as you can keep the wetted surface down.
      A kiwi designer Butler uses them on his 10m Cruiser -Racers..they have
      slots with a drop down section taking draught from about 3 to 7 feet.
      They are set at about 15 deg off vertical.

      Jeff