Re: different boats

  • pep cruells
    Message 1 of 41 , Dec 1, 2002
      --- In boatdesign@y..., Gavin Atkin <gmatkin@c...> wrote:
      > Hi Bill -
      >
      > I'm not sure what you mean by a square bow shape - these boats
      appear to me
      > to have fairly sharp bows. Anyway, I'm just now putting a few scans
      you
      > might find interesting in a file called Mediterranean pictures in
      the files
      > area. They'd better be there only temporarily as they're
      necessarily quite
      > big. I suppose we should leave them there for a week or so.
      >
      > Gav

      Very nice boats, indeed. Once my camera comes back repaired from Chez
      Nikon I'll go and take some pictures of the similar boats we have
      around here. Some are still wooden made but most are fiberglass
      replicas with cabin and all.

      pep
    • ipygmalion
      Message 41 of 41 , Dec 4, 2002
        These should get you started and if nothing else,
        certainly incite the appetite.

        http://www.marinewaypoints.com/marine/bluewater.shtml
        http://www.shoal.net.au/~seabreeze/#Tradewinds
        http://www.rnyc.nf.ca/links.htm
        http://ssca.org/index.shtml

        Some people have made up very official looking documents with
        imprints and ribbons, and where bland official documents failed,
        the made-ups were quite impressive and swayed the official; for
        example: boat name, country of origin, registration numbers, etc.

        That is a practice of the past, I would imagine.
        Just a thought, check Consular offices online with a good search
        engine, obvious. Luck.

        Fred

        --- In boatdesign@y..., "Michial Thompson (At Work)" <michialt@u...>
        wrote:
        > I've lost my email address for the Live Aboard list, but I have a
        quick
        > question about international cruising?
        >
        > Does one just set out with their sailboat (legally equipped of
        course) and
        > passport, then ask for permission to enter new countries at
        arrival, or
        > does one get pre-approval for a period of time in country, then set
        sail?