      Paul

      From: pvanderwaart@...

      These days, one of the big drivers in the small boat, home design, home build movement in the US are our long distance group cruises modeled on the European raids. These events such as Watertribe and the Texas 200 are pretty challenging, and some very small and primitive boats have participated. I feel I'm too old and decrepit, given some health problems (I once had all-night cramps after 1 day sailing in the sun.), but I've thought about what kind of boat would be good for me. It would need to have good protection from the elements, and be big enough to sleep in, with insect-proof screening. It could be as small as Welsford's Tread Lightly or as big as Bolger's Birdwatcher, but as of today, I would go with Michalak's Scam Pram. Plans here:

      SP also has the Birdwatcher-type cabin, offering protection from the sun (a requirement for me).

      Peter (moderator)

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic