50223Re: Mast size formulas

  • Stefano
    Jan 8, 2014
      Sorry I got back after such a long time, but winter holidays are full time work for me, and since I hadn't seen my post published after a few days I kinda gave it up until next year. So here I am.
      Yes, I'm interested in woodenmasts, especially unstayed ones.
      I have Dave Gerr's "Elements of Boat Strength", but it doesn't include spars, just mast steps and hull support.
      I'll get Skene's book if you're sure it deals with masts sizes.
      (Cannot find out through Amazon)
      Thanks for your help.

      --- In boatdesign@yahoogroups.com, <pvanderwaart@...> wrote:
      > I know that Skene's Elements of Yacht Design is pretty good on wood masts. I'll have a look in my other books.
      > Are you interested in wood, aluminum, or what?
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic