[boarspear] Sad tidings

  • Dale Niederhauser
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 1999
      Greetings,
      I regret that I have sad tidings to share, Lord Abu (Frank Drake) from
      the Shire of Narrental (Peru, IN) passed away some time Thursday. He
      had a heart attack in his sleep. Showing is today and the funeral is
      Sunday. I don't have the details as to where.
      I'm just in shock. I had the pleasure of camping with Abu the last two
      Pennsics. He was one of those people that were just larger than life.
      For those that didn't know Abu, you may still have been touched by
      him. He prepared the feast for the Midrealm 30 year, and for several
      Clown Tourney's before that. Fighters at war should recognize the black
      van with marshal's swords that when not an observation post was used to
      haul the ceramics Abu merchanted. Or if you ever thought you saw Moses
      walking around an SCA event, that was Abu.
      --
      Herr Konrad Mailander
      Red Spears Baronial Herald
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 1999

        It was with sad and heavy heart that I read my mail today.  Abu touched so many people with his kindness and gerosity.  he will be greatly missed.  Konrad please pas along my condolences to his family. Looking back at the past few years we have lost so many people in our SCAdian Family that have meant so much to all of us, some that we have known some that we have heard of and some that we didn't even no were out there.  But we have all been deminished by thier leavign us.  Even though I am not in the midrealm any more and lving in a far away kingdom I share in your loss.  I will be at a fighter practice today and will place once again around my arm the all to familure black ribbon for Abu and all those that have went before him.  Once it was said " we few we very few". that is what we are few drawn together by our love for a time past and gimce of what is good and true in the world today.  Now I shall set for a moment of silence and reflect and remember our friends that have went before us, and pray that we wont hear of any more friends that have to leave us for a very long time.

        Lord Ector Withart OMC
        House Asgard