On behalf of the Quartermaster

  • beatrixvezelay
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2013
      There have been some questions about the tents for Pennsic. At the meeting 2 weeks ago I announced that I will be excepting tent reservations on June 6 (the Thursday before NOWM) and that I would be sure to announce that to the lists as we got closer to that date. I am also re-posting a revised version of the tent guidelines that we're working with this year. The big one is that I will not be accepting a reservation for a tent without a cash deposit IN HAND. Please review the guidelines below and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

      Regarding the tents that belong to the Marche of the Marshes:
      Use of a tent will require a deposit of $50 per tent and assurance of personal responsibility from the borrower. The borrower will be reminded about the price of replacement upon receiving the tent.
      If another group would like to borrow a tent there will be a vote by the Marshes and one person from the borrowing group will take personal responsibility. A donation from the group is requested.
      Repeat borrowing is dependent on condition of previous use.
      It is highly suggested that if you borrow a tent for an event that you help with setup and take down at Baron Wars or another event where the tents will be set up.
      After tents are inspected and put away, the Quartermaster will return deposits as he sees fit. Remainder of deposits will be given to the Marshes to put towards tent maintenance and repair.
      If there is major damage caused by negligence then the cost of replacement/repair will be charged to the borrower. Acts of God will be taken on a case-by-case basis.
      Regarding Pennsic:
      The date to begin reserving tents for Pennsic will be determined by the Quartermaster. It will be announced to the group with sufficient notice.
      Picking up tents for Pennsic must be arranged with the Quartermaster if you are transporting them. The Quartermaster may be available to transport your tent but you must make specific arrangements with him about it.
      Dropping off tents after Pennsic will be scheduled for the Sunday immediately following Pennsic. Tents will be set up in the Quartermaster's yard and taken down when sufficiently dry. Those people borrowing the tents will need to help set them up to dry and put them away.

      These rules are not being set in place because of any past problems. They are here to prevent future problems.