FW: [Cleft] October A&S Classes and Activities

  • Mark Cipra
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2012

      Dear Neighbors: See below.

      Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)

      __

      From: owner-cleftlist@... [mailto:owner-cleftlist@...] On Behalf Of Nest Bengrek
      Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 1:08 PM
      To: Cleftlist
      Subject: [Cleft] October A&S Classes and Activities

      Please cross-post as appropriate. These classes and guild meetings are also included on the Cleftlands website calendar. Classes (unless otherwise noted) are held during Cleftlands Baronial Meetings on Wednesday nights at the Slovenian Society Home‎, 20713 Recher Ave., Cleveland OH 44119. You can find more information at the Cleftlands website, http://cleftlands.cwru.edu/. Most activities start between 7:00 and 7:30 pm, unless a different start time is noted. Please note that classes may have a fee, and instructors have the right to limit class size.

      Classes:

      October 3 - Intro to Penmanship. Instructor: Azemars Martel as Brüder Adelbero von Chremis. An introduction to medieval calligraphy with a focus on re-learning how to hold a pen and approach a page. More information on Cleftlands Baronial Calendar.

      October 10 - Late Period Costuming: Footwear. Instructor: Quasar.

      October 17 - Wire Rings. Instructor: Elizabethe Alles. Learn to make more wire rings, bring a mandrel if you can.

      October 24 - Late Period Costuming: Hats. Instructor: Quasar.

      October 31 - Halloween! No classes this dessert revel,

      If you are considering teaching a class, please send me an email to get on the schedule! Cleftlands meetings are an excellent opportunity to try out a class you've never taught before, or to dust off an old class to practice before you teach it at an event. I try to schedule only one class per meeting, so we'll find a day that works for both of us.

      Upcoming Events with A&S Activities:

      October 5-7 - Red Dragon (Columbus, OH)

      October 13 - Fiber Faire 2 (Saline, MI)

      Lady Nest Bengrek