Old West End Festival DEMO - PARADE INFO FOR THIS WEEKEND

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      The Old West End Festival is a large annual event held in Toledo, Ohio. We are participating in the parade, and more. First and foremost, here are our parade details. Everyone from our Canton and Barony are welcome to come out! Remember to bring your armor or garb, that this is also a demo!

      Details about our tent and fighting space are coming soon!

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PARADE DETAILS BELOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      *Parade Date: June 4, 2011 a Saturday

      *Where do we meet?: Please enter the staging area at N. Detroit Av. and Nesslewood Av. only. If you try to enter from another location, you will be redirected. This is not too far from where we host our meetings.

      There is no registration form to fill out prior to the parade. At the entry station, please give the name of your entry (we are under Toledo SCA) to the parade volunteer. The first arriving member of your group will be given a packet with detailed information and instructions for your entry. All other members will be directed to your staging position.

      Don't know how to get there? Map it using: http://www.mapquest.com/

      *Firm start TIME: 9am, you need to be here and ready to go at 9am per the Festival people. The parade begins its walk at 10am. Please be dressed and ready to go in armor and garb. Additionally, if we can get a few Marshals, ropes, and fighters...we could do fight demos during the parade when the parade stops. The parade behinds at 10am sharp.

      *PARKING: Parking will be provided at the staging area. Please do not park on Robinwood Av.

      From the Old West End Festival People...a few things they wanted to say to us:

      *This is our largest parade to date. It will be very busy at the staging area.

      *Please be patient with our volunteers and have a great time!!

      *Rain or Shine. Be prepared for any weather conditions; Rain gear, sunscreen, snacks

      *Restrooms will be provided at the staging area.

      *Water will be available at both the staging area and at the end of the parade.