Baron Wars Volunteerism

  • helewyse
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      Greetings unto the populace of Red Spears,
      As you know in a scant two weeks the largest event to be hosted
      within the Barony will be upon us. With over 1,200 people expected
      to be in attendence and the staff currently standing around 20 we
      always appreciate any volunteer time that the populace of the Barony
      can give us. In return of course we tithe of our profits to the
      Baronial coffers.
      New for this year, for each hour of volunteer labor you donate you
      will be given a raffle ticket which can be used towards drawings for
      gifts (we have about 10 items on offer). There will be a set up in
      one of the A&S tents with a brown bag by each item. Simply drop any
      tickets you acquire in the bag associated with the item you wish to
      win. We will draw these on Saturday and announce winners at court.
      The following areas will definately need assistance:

      Troll will be open from 2pm on Friday until around 3 or 4pm on
      Saturday with peak business hours on Friday night from around 6 until
      around 1am, and Saturday from around 7am - 10am. To volunteer for
      troll please contact troll@...

      Parking and traffic control: with the one way system we use at Baron
      Wars traffic control requires a minimum of three people with more
      required at peak business hours to ensure free flowing traffic. Peak
      hours are Friday night, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. You get
      a radio, a flourescent vest or if necessary rain jacket (hopefully
      not). To volunteer for this essential duty make yourself known to
      our parking co-ordinator Drust (Lord Little Dude, Dan, Alexander)
      once you are on site.

      Information point: we did have a volunteer to staff this critical
      area, however there has been an attack of real life and he can no
      longer attend the event. Information point is responsible for
      maintaining the camping map, notice board, interaction with mundanes,
      updates to schedule. A perfect position for a chatelaine or someone
      who enjoys dealing with people. To volunteer for info point contact
      either of the autocrats: me (helewyse@...) and vinnie
      (autocrat@...)

      Water Bearing: critical to the health and well being of people all
      over site, not just the heavy weapons area. Although this is the
      area which requires the most volunteers. Stop your friends and our
      army from dehydrating and making themselves sick on the battlefield.
      Make yourself known to the Chiurgeon and Kingdom Water Bearer
      Mistress Nonna the midwife at the event.

      Setup: Most of the areas within the fort require some set up. E.g.
      list poles etc for equestrian. Hay bales for archery etc. If you
      are participating in an activity offer your assistance to those who
      have been gracious enough to give their entire day to running these
      activities for you. This includes THL Aiden Alpen for hounds and
      youth Boffer and Lady Rowan for equestrian.

      Cleanup: the event for many of us is not over until every last piece
      of trash has been picked up from site. Every last pavillion of the
      marche taken down, every last tiki pulled from the ground and every
      last tire rut flattened, raked and seeded. Please give this a thought
      as you pack to leave. Clean up your campsite and drop your trash at
      trash pickup. Give us an hour of your time so we can leave site
      before 7pm.

      Thankyou all in advance for your assistance.

      Helewyse de Birkestad,OL
    • Koren Crisovan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2005
        Greeting, My Lady?

        Need a roving public service announcement system (i.e. a voice herald
        crying event info)? I could also hang out at info point and help there.

        Yours in Service to the Dream,
        Lady Kora of Krsova
        Chatelaine of Hrodgeirsfjordr
        Pursuivant at Large
      • Louise Smithson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2005
          We tend to use heralds rarely but co-ordination tends to be run through info point.
          Any help is valuable.
          Louise

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/LmiolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/