Dead Sea Scrolls

  • Michael England
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 6:27 AM
      Greetings to all in the house,

      For anyone who is interested, there is an exhibit of fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls in Akron, Ohio at the moment, it's a traveling exhibit but I don't know where it goes next.

      For us it also includes some original pages from various books of hours, etc., great illuminations and in a couple of cases extremely small lettering (maybe 1/8" high), add a number of very early printed Bibles.

      The exhibit is at the John S. Knight Center across from Quaker Square in down town Akron. The exhibit title is Dead Sea Scrolls to the Forbidden Book.

      If you can take the time to see it, do so it's very interesting.

      YIS,
      Ranulf
    • Jean / Ealhswith of Skye
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 6:32 AM
        Any idea how long this will be there?   I have a doctor's appointment in Cleveland and will be going in that direction in about 2 weeks.  If you have any more details, please, let me know.

        Ealhswith of Skye