[boarspear] Blackstone Raids

  • Dale Niederhauser
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2000
      Greetings,
      I highly recommend Blackstone and would like to see us have a large
      turnout. The site is great and the fighting was a blast.

      --
      Herr Konrad Mailander
      Red Spears Baronial Herald
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12, 2004
        >I am looking forward to attending Blackstone Raids this year and was
        >wondering if anyone else was going to attend?

        'Beka (yes, Rebekah of Stonehaven has returned home)
      • JACK WYMER
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16, 2004
          Hi Beka
              Good to hear from you again.  Things are not going well at Stonehaven.  What area did you move back too???  E-mail me back privately and I will fill you in.  Thanks!
          Aiden Alpin of Dunkeld
          Seneschal, Barony of Red Spears
          "Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it."            "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
            The first major (local) camping and outdoor fighting event of the calendar year is almost upon us.
            Blackstone Raids in WV is also an inter-kingdom war, between Aethelmearc and the Middle, a great opportunity to blow the dust off your armor and start practicing those tactics. It is also (co-incidentally) the 5th anniversary of mine and Thorkells meeting and the 4th anniversary of our engagement.
            Last year we had a fantastic turnout and everyone had a great time.  We'd love to see as many there this year.
            Site fee is $20 and cabin fee is $6 per night.
            After the year it snowed at Blackstone we have usually stayed in one of the nice heated/air conditioned cabins.  Cabin camping offers several advantages not least of which is you can bring less stuff.  This means that you can pack more people into your car and save on the price of gas (big bonus).
            I will be co-ordinating the cabin same as last year.  And like last year I need your money in advance so that I don't get left paying for beds no-one is staying in but that I reserved.
            So make your mind up soon.  You have until next Thursday (27th of March) to get me your answer and your money for the cabin ($6 per night, $12 per person for Fri and Sat nights).   That way we can book an entire cabin out to us as opposed to being slot in all over the place.
            The usual pot-luck dinner will be somewhat organized between myself and Ustad, but more on that later.
            Helewyse

          • Louise Smithson
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 7, 2010
              I have been dilatory this year.
              Time is fast approaching for Blackstone Raids and our annual trip down south.
              What this event offers:
              Nice weather (usually, one year it snowed)
              The first outdoor melee/camping event of the season
              Great camaraderie.
              Nice heated/cooled cabins, so you don't have to bring a tent, or worry about setting up a tent at midnight!  It means more room in your car so plenty of car pooling opportunities.
              Check out the website here:
              http://www.blackstoneraid.org/
              Cost - $20 for the weekend + $5/night/dorm bed
              I need a rough idea of how many people are going so please let me know by email or talk to me on Thursday.
              What I have usually done is collect dorm room money and pre-reg a room.
              I am emailing staff today to see if they will reserve us space without money because:
              1) it is run by the group that Thumper used to belong to (they know him and therefore me)
              2) we have been reserving and paying for space every year and we pretty much all turn up.
              If they won't then it is going to be either one of two situations
              1) everyone who is planning to go gives me their $10 ASAP and I send a check for the cost of the room OR
              2) everyone who is planning to go sends in a pre-reg check ($18 pre-reg, save two dollars) and $10 for a dorm bed indicating that they are staying with Marche of the Marshes/Red Spears

              Thank you for your attention
              Helewyse

            • Mark Cipra
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 8, 2010
                It's probably worth noting, although I don't know how this would affect the event, that the Blackstone Raids site is only a few miles away from the site of the recent mining disaster.

                Llywelyn
                Mark Cipra
                __
                "Grey is not a popular shade on the internet" - Jonathan Dee

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 11, 2011
                  It is getting to that time of the year again. If you would like me to book
                  bunk/cabin space as in previous years I need to have names and sooner or later
                  $5/head/night for the bunks. If I missed your name of the list then I
                  apologize, please let me know.

                  Quentin - hopefully you are on this list, let me know how many you are bringing
                  this year and I hope to fit you in.

                  Weezie

                  So far my list of attendees is:

                  Thumper