June News and Events

  • Loralyn Horine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      Greetings everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying our truly glorious weather!
      We completed one of four raffle items for Pagan Pride Day and collected
      another $35 for the event. Woo hoo! And the winner of the Dragon Pentacle
      Stone is.. Drum roll please. Marcus Wilson!!! Congratulations Marcus! We
      have three raffle items still available at Kyyndred's Closet: all
      handcrafted by local artists- a bone knife, a Goddess statue, and a set of
      runes. Please check out these items! Also, Kat Welch, of COAST and the
      Arratu Tradition, will be hosting a Pagan "Venus" Bingo fundraiser for PPD
      on June 16th from 1-3 p.m. at Kyyndred's Closet.

      School will be letting out this month. Yeah!!! As a parent I know how
      expensive it is to get kids ready for starting school again in September.
      The Moonies will be collecting items to help families with these expenses.
      If you need any assistance, please contact me directly at
      loralynhorine@... . If we have no need within our own community, we
      will be collecting items for a local school district and announcements will
      go out for that as we get closer to September.

      Things to look forward to in our larger community: Summerstar July 21st and
      22nd, Gig Harbor Ren Faire begins August 4th and 5th, Central Puget Sound
      Pagan Pride Day September 16th, and COAST Winter Costume Ball November 30th.
      Our own Scott Stearns will be honored as an elder of our community at the
      Winter Costume Ball. Please consider attending this to support our Scott!
      Information will be sent to the group at a later date. Come and see our
      beautiful Miss Carolyn at Aleister Crowley's "The Rite of Venus" a rock
      opera Portland, OR June 9, 2007 or Seattle, WA June 28-30, 2007 and July
      6-8, 2007. Information is available at www.eleusyve.com
      <http://www.eleusyve.com/> . Talin and I invite you to join us on June
      21st 7-9 p.m. at Kyyndred's Closet for a Midsummer Ritual and a touch of
      fairy fun.

      Now for June events:

      June 7th: 7-9 p.m. at Kyyndred's Closet- Year and a Day Class This is a
      Wicca 101 class where we will cover a variety of subjects. The fees are $10
      a class for non-members and $5 a class for members.

      June 12th: 7-9 p.m. at Kyyndred's Closet- Wheel of the Year Litha Class. In
      this class we study the various Sabbats or holidays as well as the moon. $10
      for non-members, $5 for coven members per class.

      June 13th: 7-9 p.m. at Kyyndred's Closet- Elemental Magic - Fire Class 2

      June 24th: Litha Ritual. Location TBA. This is a potluck event and open to
      one and all. We will be gathering at 4 p.m. for crafts and other activities.
      Orientation will begin at 6 p.m. and call to circle will be at 6:20 p.m.

      Thank you everyone for your commitment and support to our wonderful church
      and our community!!! We ROCK! :-)

      Loralyn