Craft nights and such

  • Terri
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1 2:35 PM
      On our next craft night we really need to focus on crafts and not the
      movie. I suggest that we set aside one night a month for movies and
      the rest of the craft nights are crafts only. We have some crafts
      that NEED to be completed. First and foremost is the melting and
      remaking of the soap. Last craft night we had a volunteer who sat and
      did the time consuming job of unwraping the old icky coverings off the
      soap. Now we need to cut the bars up, remelt and reform it. This is
      important due to the fact that not only will we be helping run
      Ravenspirits' booth, but we will also have our own. We need Coven
      items to resell as well as any NEW or LIKE NEW personal items you wish
      to put for sale. The decission on what will and won't be able to go
      on the table will be decided by the Elders. We will be paying a 10%
      fee to the ATC of everything that sells at the booth and for personal
      items you will be asked to donate a minimum of 10% to the Coven. Keep
      this total of 20% in mind if you wish to place things for sale.

      Terri
    • Mary Ash
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1 11:22 PM
        Terri et al,

        As craft director, I would like to request that craft nights be strictly
        for crafting and not movies. You are very right. We have a lot of work to do.

        Soooo:

        We will have craft night this Friday the 6th.
        There will be no movie.
        We will first and foremost focus on the cutting, melting, and re-pouring of
        soaps.

        If you started a broom and have not finished it, you need to do so and
        removed by the 6th. The coven room needs a serious clean out. Clearing out
        old projects is the best place to start. If you have not removed projects
        you have left by the 6th, they will be considered inventory to be sold at
        Spring Mysteries.

        I will bring my sewing machine for those who need assistance with the
        sewing of their robes. There are still a few of you out there.

        Friday the 6th will be a focused work day.

        --Christy
      • Terri
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 2 11:17 AM
          We also have the cards to finish for selling at SMF.

          Because we are not having a movie, I hope that most or all of you that
          normally comes to craft night for the movie will come for the
          friendship, goofiness and to have fun! I don't think there are many
          who show up just for the movie though. Most of you just to show up!!

          Also, we will be setting up a night for the new people who have joined
          us and have missed the first few classes as well as a few of you who
          have had other commitments on the nights we have had the makeup
          classes. So everyone has a chance to catch up on what they have
          missed. Those who have missed some classes, please email me the
          nights in February that you are available and I will see what we can
          do to set a makeup class that works for all of you.

          I have wood for those that requested it. Janette has first pick as
          she requested these particular cuts first. Heidi has second choice
          and anything left is for whoever wants it. I have smaller cuts that
          were done for a future craft project that we will need to put
          someplace so the wood can cure.

          I still have a bunch of cedar in the back of my truck that we need to
          do something with. My hopes were to lay it out somewhere where it can
          dry and we could make smudge bundles out of it to sell at SMF.

          Can we make it happen soon before it has been to badly damaged to use?

          Terri

          --- In bluemooncoven2@yahoogroups.com, Mary Ash <maryash@l...> wrote:
          > Terri et al,
          >
          > As craft director, I would like to request that craft nights be
          strictly
          > for crafting and not movies. You are very right. We have a lot of
          work to do.

          > Soooo:
          >
          > We will have craft night this Friday the 6th.
          > There will be no movie.
          > We will first and foremost focus on the cutting, melting, and
          re-pouring of
          > soaps.
          >

          > If you started a broom and have not finished it, you need to do so and
          > removed by the 6th. The coven room needs a serious clean out.
          Clearing out
          > old projects is the best place to start. If you have not removed
          projects
          > you have left by the 6th, they will be considered inventory to be
          sold at
          > Spring Mysteries.
          >

          > I will bring my sewing machine for those who need assistance with the
          > sewing of their robes. There are still a few of you out there.
          >

          > Friday the 6th will be a focused work day.
          >

          > --Christy
        • karahkat9
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 2 1:21 PM
            Craft nights will be the 6th&13th. Our Jan/Feb/March b-day party on
            27th.

            L&L
            Kat~
          • Carolyn
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 3 7:22 AM
              Sounds great! I can make the 13th and 27th - and I'm looking forward
              to it!
              Kat - I don't know if you took my new Friday schedule into account
              when you set these dates, but it looks like you did, and I appreciate
              it! Thanks. :-)

              Brightest Blessings,
              Carolyn

              --- In bluemooncoven2@yahoogroups.com, karahkat9 <no_reply@y...>
              wrote:
              > Craft nights will be the 6th&13th. Our Jan/Feb/March b-day party on
              > 27th.
              >
              > L&L
              > Kat~
            • karahkat9
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 3 11:56 AM
                Feb 10th is the 2nd God and Goddess class, this one is on the
                practical aspects in modern times for planning ritual(s). This class
                starts at 6:30 pm @ the Wilson's (we could not get the library for
                that date) Instructors are Andy, Kat & Terri.
              • Carolyn
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 3 12:50 PM
                  Do we have any other classes scheduled? I didn't see anything on the
                  calendar, but I wanted to check in. I was thinking the next Wheel of
                  the Year might be coming up ...

                  wrote:
                  > Feb 10th is the 2nd God and Goddess class, this one is on the
                  > practical aspects in modern times for planning ritual(s)
                • heidi wwsf
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 4 2:17 AM
                    do you have any rounds left?I want one that would make a good table top if at all possible.Just one like that.the rest I will burn unless I find a spiffy wand in it all.

                    By the way I want to see your Flamingo.The pink one.The one Earl loves so much.When is his next guest appearnce?

                    Oh last but not least-I found a couple of long pieces of purple sage that are big enough for you cedar wands in the craft room. I gusses they came from yur sisters garden.Probly not more than 5.

                    Well take care and tell your flamingo hello.
                    --- In bluemooncoven2@yahoogroups.com, Mary Ash <maryash@l...> wrote:
                    > Terri et al,
                    >
                    > As craft director, I would like to request that craft nights be
                    strictly
                    > for crafting and not movies. You are very right. We have a lot of
                    work to do.

                    > Soooo:
                    >
                    > We will have craft night this Friday the 6th.
                    > There will be no movie.
                    > We will first and foremost focus on the cutting, melting, and
                    re-pouring of
                    > soaps.
                    >

                    > If you started a broom and have not finished it, you need to do so and
                    > removed by the 6th. The coven room needs a serious clean out.
                    Clearing out
                    > old projects is the best place to start. If you have not removed
                    projects
                    > you have left by the 6th, they will be considered inventory to be
                    sold at
                    > Spring Mysteries.
                    >

                    > I will bring my sewing machine for those who need assistance with the
                    > sewing of their robes. There are still a few of you out there.
                    >

                    > Friday the 6th will be a focused work day.
                    >

                    > --Christy

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    happy trails to your daily life,
                    Heidi

                  • Elaine
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 5 2:12 PM
                      What time on the 6th?

                      wrote:
                      > Craft nights will be the 6th&13th. Our Jan/Feb/March b-day party on
                      > 27th.
                      >
                      > L&L
                      > Kat~
                    • karahkat9
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 6 12:06 PM
                        Feb 6th at 6pm at the Wilson home,we are making soap so its good
                        clean fun...

                        L&L
                        Kat~
                      • Terri
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 10 12:15 PM
                          HEY!!
                          What happened to a February B-day party??????

                          Terri

                          --- In bluemooncoven2@yahoogroups.com, karahkat9 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                          > Craft nights will be the 6th&13th. Our Jan/Feb/March b-day party on
                          > 27th.
                          >
                          > L&L
                          > Kat~
                        • Terri
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 10 12:32 PM
                            Heidi,

                            I have several rounds left. They are in the back of my truck, so the
                            next craft night, go grab one or two. They are only about a foot
                            accross. I have smaller ones that I thought we might save for a
                            future craft night project.

                            The flamingo has flown south for the spring and summer. He is scared
                            of Earl as he threatened to torch him. He was so stressed he was
                            loosing all his little plastic feathers and there's nothing worse than
                            a bald flamingo!!

                            He'll be back for next Yule!! Earl put that gas away!!

                            However, we still have the big pink flamingo egg somewhere to decorate
                            the garden for Ostara!!!

                            Terri

                            --- In bluemooncoven2@yahoogroups.com, heidi wwsf

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 12 4:37 PM
                              Terri,

                              Bring the rounds and I'll bring a sander and see if I can find my wood burner.

                              I think our lovely artist, Saille, could doe some wonderful things. :)

                              I also have some 2x12 boards that we may be able to do something with.
                              :) I think they could be turned into awesome alters with a little thought.

                              --Christy
                            • Saille S
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 12 11:24 PM
                                Unfortunately, Jim and I will be out of town for this craft night. We are headed for a much needed Valentines weekend to enjoy with each other. Have fun, and if there's anything you guys come up with that you want me to draw/design, let me know, and I'll see what I can do next week.
                                Saille

                                Mary Ash <maryash@...> wrote:
                                Terri,

                                Bring the rounds and I'll bring a sander and see if I can find my wood burner.

                                I think our lovely artist, Saille, could doe some wonderful things. :)

                                I also have some 2x12 boards that we may be able to do something with.
                                :) I think they could be turned into awesome alters with a little thought.

                                --Christy

                                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                                Click Here

                              • Saille S