New Member

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      Hello all:
      Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been reading the past
      posts and found things to be very interesting. Who would have thunk
      that there would be a bluegrass club, even more specific to Western
      PA? Anyhow, I grew up around Johnstown and I now live about 40
      minutes north and west of there and my wife and I both enjoy
      bluegrass. I do have a question that maybe someone could help me out
      with. Has anyone ever heard of Jerusalem Ridge? They are/were mostly
      gospel with a great 4 part harmony. They where from out Somerset way
      and I was wondering if they are still around and playing. I'm
      looking forward to reading the messages and finding more great blue
      grass events to go to.
      Thanks,
      jim
    • Tim Custer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        Hi Jim,
        Welcome to the list! Glad to hear of your interest in bluegrass.

        Unfortunately, Jerusalem Ridge no longer performs. Most of the guys
        still live in the area (around Somerset) and jam occasionally but do not
        perform as part of a regular group. They were a fine bunch of fellows
        and all good musicians and vocalists. I believe they did at least one,
        possibly two recordings before they went their separate ways several
        years ago.

        Looking forward to seeing you somewhere. You can keep track of most of
        the Tri-State bluegrass events on the "Calendar of Events" web page at
        www.blue-grass.org
        Tim