looking for venues

  • urxsw8
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2003
      My name is Duane Galensky. I'm returning to SW PA (Washington county
      is where I grew up) in August to live. I'm looking for places to
      jam, build relationships, maybe even form a working band.

      I play guitar, mandolin, and bass (electric only, sorry...can't
      afford a real bass and couldn't carry it around if I could.)

      I found blue-grass.org calendar which is great. How's the Harmony
      Inn jam session? Any of these venues stand out as better than the
      rest?

      Any other suggestions?

      Thanks,
      Duane
    • Tim Custer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2003
        Hi Duane and welcome to the list.

        Hope your transition back to this part of the country is an easy one.
        I've not personally attended the Harmony Inn jam (too far from
        Somerset) but have heard good things about it.

        We'll try to keep you posted about bluegrass through my site at
        http:///www.blue-grass.org and this list.

        Looking forward to meeting you somewhere along the way and having the
        opportunity to do some pickin'.

        Tim Custer
        Moderator: bluegrassmusic@yahoogroups.com
        Webmaster: http://www.blue-grass.org