RE: [bluegrassmusic] Summit Jamboree ..The Boy scout one..

  • Myrna Riquier
    Message 1 of 10 , May 22, 2013
      Since you normally have lots of these boy scouts all together in one place,
      is that an opportunity much like we present the bluegrass in schools? Could
      it part of the curricula or whatever it is that

      you all do at a jamboree, which I erroneously thought meant music. (Sorry
      about that.) But could it be another chance to introduce bluegrass to
      young people? Maybe not this year, since you

      would need time to provide for some instruments. And by the way, getting
      instruments for such a purpose is not all that difficult to do. It's been
      my experience that the instrument suppliers

      and bluegrass musicians in general seem quite willingly to help. My
      marketing mind envisions the possibility of it growing into a nation-wide
      promotional thing to boost the visibility of both the

      Boy Scouts of America and IBMA. And if I recall correctly, I believe that
      IBMA even has some money earmarked to help with this sort of thing. Just a
      thought.

      Myrna

      From: bluegrassmusic@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:bluegrassmusic%40yahoogroups.com>
      From: Albert Furlow <albeham@... <mailto:albeham%40verizon.net>
      <mailto:albeham%40verizon.net> >
      To: "bluegrassmusic@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:bluegrassmusic%40yahoogroups.com>
      <mailto:bluegrassmusic%40yahoogroups.com> " <bluegrassmusic@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 8:43 AM

      No. I was asking if anyone were going, so we could meetup for some jamming
      while we are there. I was not trying start a discussion about scouting just
      asking a question.

      Thanks

      AL

      From: Myrna Riquier <natchaugmusic@...