New Member

  • imaginephoenix
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2004
      Anybody Home???
      Just joined and say Hi.
      I moved from KY in Feb.
      now living in central VA.
      I love bluegrass music!!!
      Hope to meet some of you soon.
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        Hello all:
        Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been reading the past
        posts and found things to be very interesting. Who would have thunk
        that there would be a bluegrass club, even more specific to Western
        PA? Anyhow, I grew up around Johnstown and I now live about 40
        minutes north and west of there and my wife and I both enjoy
        bluegrass. I do have a question that maybe someone could help me out
        with. Has anyone ever heard of Jerusalem Ridge? They are/were mostly
        gospel with a great 4 part harmony. They where from out Somerset way
        and I was wondering if they are still around and playing. I'm
        looking forward to reading the messages and finding more great blue
        grass events to go to.
        Thanks,
        jim
      • Tim Custer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
          Hi Jim,
          Welcome to the list! Glad to hear of your interest in bluegrass.

          Unfortunately, Jerusalem Ridge no longer performs. Most of the guys
          still live in the area (around Somerset) and jam occasionally but do not
          perform as part of a regular group. They were a fine bunch of fellows
          and all good musicians and vocalists. I believe they did at least one,
          possibly two recordings before they went their separate ways several
          years ago.

          Looking forward to seeing you somewhere. You can keep track of most of
          the Tri-State bluegrass events on the "Calendar of Events" web page at
          www.blue-grass.org
          Tim