Looking for open mike night

  • chuckpopovich
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
      Hi. I'm new to the site and I'm looking for a place in Pittsburgh that has an
      open mike or jam night. Can somebody let me know what's out there?

      Chuck
    • LESVIOLIN@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
        Sorry, I can't help you but you might try calling the musician's union there
        - I know the one here they would probably be able to tell you something. I
        would like to find the same thing in Las Vegas -
        Leslie
        rosesinthesnow.ca

      • Tim Custer
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
          Chuck,
          The Starlite in Blawnox features a bluegrass open mic the first Friday
          of every month. They also host jams there every Tuesday evening.

          Bobbie Magee's Lounge Monroeville, features a jam on the 1st & 3rd Mondays.
          From Monroeville:
          Take Rt. 48 south (by the Palace Inn) untill you pass the bowling ally
          on your right, Bobbie Magee's will be
          on your right.

          I also suggest you join the Western Pennsylvania Bluegrass Comittee
          (wpbgc) Yahoo egroup. It's headed by Pittsburgh's Lew Scheinman and is
          VERY informative when it come to the Pittsburgh area.

          Tim Custer

          chuckpopovich wrote:

          >Hi. I'm new to the site and I'm looking for a place in Pittsburgh that has an
          >open mike or jam night. Can somebody let me know what's out there?
          >
          >Chuck

        • Jim Durham
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
            On Wednesday 28 December 2005 09:31 pm, chuckpopovich wrote:
            > Hi. I'm new to the site and I'm looking for a place in
            > Pittsburgh that has an open mike or jam night. Can somebody
            > let me know what's out there?
            >
            > Chuck

            Chuck, the only one I know of is the Starlite lounge in Blawknox.
            They have something of that sort on the 1st Friday of every
            month.

            They also have a regular jam on Tues nights..

            -Jim