SSL certificate integration

  • debelyoo
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012
      Hello,

      I'm trying to configure blueeyes to work with my SSL certificate. I looked for documentation on the web but I did not find much.
      Has anybody already configured blueeyes with a valid SSL certificate ?
      I guess I need to specify my keystore file path somehow…

      Any help would be much appreciated.

      Cheers,
      Jean
    • John A. De Goes
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2012

        You have to specify it in the configuration file. Something like sslCert or sslKey. Grep the codebase for 'ssl' for the exact settings you need (or check out the automated tests which cover this use case).
        --
        John A. De Goes
        CEO / CTO / Founder

        On Apr 3, 2012, at 3:28 PM, debelyoo wrote:

        Hello,

        I'm trying to configure blueeyes to work with my SSL certificate. I looked for documentation on the web but I did not find much.
        Has anybody already configured blueeyes with a valid SSL certificate ?
        I guess I need to specify my keystore file path somehow…

        Any help would be much appreciated.

        Cheers,
        Jean

      • mlagutko
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2012
          Hello,

          you have to add the following configuration:

          server {
          ssl{
          certificateEntry {
          privateKey = "keyvalue"
          certificate = "certificatevalue"
          }
          }

          keyvalue and certificatevalue must be base64 decoded.

          Bye, Misha.

          --- In blueeyes-web@yahoogroups.com, "debelyoo" <jean.rossier@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I'm trying to configure blueeyes to work with my SSL certificate. I looked for documentation on the web but I did not find much.
          > Has anybody already configured blueeyes with a valid SSL certificate ?
          > I guess I need to specify my keystore file path somehow…
          >
          > Any help would be much appreciated.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Jean

        • debelyoo
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8, 2012
            Thanks for the Reply !

            Jean

            --- In blueeyes-web@yahoogroups.com, "mlagutko" <mlagutko@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > you have to add the following configuration:
            >
            > server {
            > ssl{
            > certificateEntry {
            > privateKey = "keyvalue"
            > certificate = "certificatevalue"
            > }
            > }
            >
            > keyvalue and certificatevalue must be base64 decoded.
            >
            > Bye, Misha.
            >
            > --- In blueeyes-web@yahoogroups.com, "debelyoo" <jean.rossier@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > >
            > > I'm trying to configure blueeyes to work with my SSL certificate. I looked for documentation on the web but I did not find much.
            > > Has anybody already configured blueeyes with a valid SSL certificate ?
            > > I guess I need to specify my keystore file path somehow…
            > >
            > > Any help would be much appreciated.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Jean

          • pwistrandalias
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 16, 2012
              Hi,

              Perhaps a newbie question but Is it not possible to just specify the keystore to use? Since it appears to auto generating one anyway in the absence of ssl { certificateEntry {.. setting. Also I can't figure out how to generate the required private key format for this ssl { certificateEntry { is there some guide I can follow? Copying and pasting from a key file and crt file with multiline breaks isn't working.

              Cheers
              Paul Wistrand