September 6, 2001: Odds and Ends

  • Louis Rosenfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001
      September 6, 2001: Odds and Ends

      Where have I been of late? Well, it may seem all quiet on the Ann Arbor
      front, but I'm working hard. Rabble-rousing about the future of IA on the
      SIGIA-L mailing list. Prepping for my tutorials at the NN/g world tour.
      Writing (yes, really) chapters for the second edition of the polar bear
      book. And working on last minute details for Mary Jean's and my wedding,
      which is a scant one month from today.

      So back off man!

      In the meantime, some miscellany:

      * Remember that "berry-picking" paper by Marcia Bates that I suggested that
      all IAs read? I contacted Professor Bates to see if a copy was available via
      the Web. No luck, but she did point me to an abstract. Better than nada.
      * Like information architecture? Like baseball? Then you're in luck. Former
      Argonaut and Tvisions-naut Shawn Stemen has neatly knitted them together in
      what he calls a "non-paper".
      * Didn't you feel cheated when it was Natalie Boon, and not you, who won the
      Gopher world tour T-shirt? Then don't let another chance pass you by: if
      you're nice to Wendy Jedlicka, designer of said shirt, maybe she'll run you
      a new one. Check out Wendy's site for all sorts of Gophernalia and other
      T-shirt stuff.

      LINKS MENTIONED:
      * Nielsen-Norman Group world tour :: http://nngroup.com/events/
      * "polar bear book" :: http://www.ora.com/catalog/infotecture/