May 8, 2008: Book testing: how we did it

  • Louis Rosenfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2008
      May 8, 2008: Book testing: how we did it

      Joshua Kaufman of UXmatters interviewed [1] Liz Danzico and me about
      Rosenfeld Media, specifically addressing how we determined book
      features and tested our designs. We describe a bit of the "show and
      tell" approach we used for identifying features, and a bit about the
      task analysis we did for the print and digital edition designs. It's
      a nice short read; Joshua and Pabini Gabriel-Petit, UXmatters'
      editor-in-chief, did a great job.

      Speaking of books, I think we'll have sold 1,000 copies of Luke
      Wroblewski's Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks by tomorrow.
      That's not bad, considering it launched Monday! I wish I could take
      credit as some sort of guru of book promo, but it ultimately comes
      down to an excellent author and excellent content. Unfortunately,
      we're also experiencing all sorts of glitches with our shopping cart
      that are keeping me up way too late, but when your systems are
      suddenly hit by 20 times the normal activity, I guess stuff is bound
      to happen.

      http://louisrosenfeld.com/home/bloug_archive/2008/05/book_testing_how_we_did_it.html

      LINKS
      [1] http://uxmatters.com/MT/archives/000285.php
      [2] http://www.rosenfeldmedia.com/books/webforms/

      CRASS AND COMMERCIAL
      There are still some seats open for my last spring workshop, in
      Chicago on May 15. My new workshop is on using site search analytics
      to diagnose and address problems with content, navigation, metadata,
      and search performance. It sounds like a narrow topic, but so far
      attendees are telling me that 1) they were surprised at how useful it
      is and 2) they'd wished it was two days long, rather than one. More
      here: http://louisrosenfeld.com/ssa