January 3, 2007: UXnet locales have a home on the web

  • Louis Rosenfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2007
      January 3, 2007: UXnet locales have a home on the web

      Yes, UXnet [1] remains a work in progress, and I remain committed to its
      development (in fact, I've just rejoined its executive board). Like any
      other volunteer-driven effort, it's slow going but wonderful when it finally
      starts to come together.

      We're having one of those wonderful moments right now. UXnet launched new
      functionality that enables its "Local Ambassadors" to provide information
      about their respective locales, as well as local UX-related groups and
      events [2].

      Local Ambassadors are there to serve as hubs, networkers, brokers, and
      ultimately activists to support UX growth on the ground around the world.
      So far we have almost 100 ambassadors representing 73 locales in 29
      countries around the world. And now they finally have a place on the web.
      This is very, very cool; check it out [2]. It's been fun to watch as pages
      launch for each individual locale.

      Does this look like something you'd like to participate in? Go to the page
      and see if your locale is represented. If it's not--or if you'd like to
      team up with whomever is already working as your local Local
      Ambassador--contact our Local Ambassadors Recruiter, John Sheridan:
      ambassadors@...

      Endless kudos to Jess Frederick, Keith Instone, John Sheridan, John Ferarra,
      Sean Van Tyne, Dirk Knemeyer, and probably some other people that I'm
      forgetting for their hard work on launching this infrastructure.

      BLOUG PERMALINK & COMMENTS
      http://louisrosenfeld.com/home/bloug_archive/000515.html

      LINKS MENTIONED
      [1] http://uxnet.org