EVENT for UK online editorial professionals

  • onlinecontentuk@mail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2001
      Just to let those of you in the UK know about the free event detailed
      below.

      Regards

      Elizabeth Varley
      Founder
      Online Content UK

      Marketing Yourself and Your Writing Online

      Free panel speaker event from Online Content UK

      Wednesday, 14th November, 2001. 6.30 - 9.00pm

      Lack of self-promotion can be the downfall of an otherwise successful
      career in the content industry.

      Marketing your services and skills doesn't come naturally to many
      writers, but it is essential to a thriving business or dream job.

      At 'Marketing Yourself and Your Writing Online', our speakers share
      their experiences with self-promotion. We'll discuss the essentials,
      and the difficulties of getting your name and product out there into
      the online content marketplace.

      Speakers :

      Dave Green
      Editor of NTK, and
      Winner of the Net-Media
      European Online Journalist
      of the Year Award

      Dr Iain Stevenson
      Course Director,
      MA Publishing Studies,
      City University

      Victoria Lubbock
      Managing Director
      Recruit Media Ltd

      Format of the evening:

      6.30 - 7.00pm - Coffee & Networking
      7.00 - 8.00pm - Panel Speakers
      8.00 - 8.30pm - Panel Discussion and Questions
      8.30 - 9.00pm - Coffee & Networking

      The event will be held at:

      Level 6 Suite
      The City University London
      Northampton Square
      London
      EC1V 0HB

      This event is sponsored by the City University London, Journalism
      Department.

      For more details or to register, please go to
      http://www.onlinecontentuk.org

      Online Content UK is the network for online content professionals
      working, or interested, in the UK industry.

      Elizabeth Varley
      Founder
      Online Content UK