Official Google Blog

  • Michael OConnor Clarke
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2004
      Hmmm...

      In all the foofaraw surrounding the Blogger UI makeover, the launch of
      the "official"* Google Blog (http://www.google.com/googleblog/) seems
      to have slipped under the radar - or was I just asleep yesterday, and
      failed to register the anticipated blogpile?

      Or have we passed so far beyond the tipping point that the launch of
      any new blog - even one hanging off the Google home page - is of only
      very, very passing interest?

      Is this a giant collective yawn - the 21st century equivalent of what
      we all experienced when, in 1998, people were still putting out news
      releases to herald the launch of their new websites...?

      Personally, I like the idea of another giant technology company
      opening their kimono a little through a blog. It's Google; it'll be
      different. Of course. But it's still a good example of human voice
      spilling out from behind the firewall (one hopes). Or is it? And do we
      even care? Anyone mind if I take the last tuna sandwich...?

      /m

      *btw - my quotation marks around "official" are not there to imply
      that I think there's anything unofficial about the blog. Rather,
      they're standing in for the tone of voice I'd adopt in speech to
      convey my impression that the words "official blog" constitute an
      oxymoron.