Dean's Internet initiatives

  • David Weinberger
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      The Dean campaign just announced three big Internet initiatives, for
      your blogging pleasure.

      1. A Net Advisory Net to advise on policy options. The initial working
      group is on how to provide universal broadband access.

      2. A statement of Internet Principles.

      3. Open source software that lets people form groups to do things like
      organize a knitting club or, um, support a certain Vermont-based
      presidential candidate.

      The official announcement won't make it onto the Dean Blog until later
      this evening because Dean just issued a statement calling on W to
      investigate who in the White House leaked the name of a CIA agent. But
      the press release has been issued.

      Personally, I think this is cool stuff, but then, I'm not a
      distinterested party.

      Links:

      DeanBlog's announcement: Coming later tonight

      Net Advisory Net home:
      http://www.deanforamerica.com/NAN

      Bios of Net Advisory Net members:
      http://www.deanforamerica.com/technology_profile

      Statement of Internet Principles:
      http://www.deanforamerica.com/InternetPrinciples

      My discussion board for the Principles:
      http://www.quicktopic.com/24/D/DMMVTdtdG9Jq.html>

      My blogging of it:
      http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/mtarchive/002026.html

      Dean Blog:
      http://www.blogforamerica.com

      -- David W.
      David Weinberger* blog: www.hyperorg.com/blogger
      self@... 'zine: www.hyperorg.com
      Home: www.evident.com Cluetrain: www.cluetrain.com
      Small Pieces: www.smallpieces.com
      speaking: www.hyperorg.com/speaker *Elevator
      statement on file with building supervisor
    • Dave Winer
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
        David, what a coincidence in timing.

        As you were posting this, I got a call from Cameron Barrett, who is now working for the Clark campaign on their weblog.

        http://scriptingnews.userland.com/2003/09/29#When:2:09:49PM

        They will also be part of the discussion about weblogs in presidential politics on Saturday at BloggerCon.

        Dave

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor