WordPirates launches

  • David Weinberger
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2003
      Just in time for "Talk Like a Pirate Day" (Sept. 19), Dan Gillmor and I
      have this morning launched a site called www.WordPirates.com, a place
      where you can list and discuss words that have been hijacked by
      commercial and political groups for their own nefarious purposes.

      For example, people who share MP3s may be many things, but they're not
      "pirates." And try telling the hotel checkout desk that because you were
      their "guest," you don't owe 'em a cent.

      Please feel free to add some words, comment on others, and if you think
      this is blogworthy, well, we wouldn't say no. In fact, we'd say thanks.

      -- David W.
      David Weinberger* blog: www.hyperorg.com/blogger
      self@... 'zine: www.hyperorg.com
      Home: www.evident.com Cluetrain: www.cluetrain.com
      Small Pieces: www.smallpieces.com
      speaking: www.hyperorg.com/speaker *Elevator
      statement on file with building supervisor