Welcome back my friends..

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 17 , May 14, 2003
      ..to the show that never ends.

      We're so glad you could attend.

      La la laaaa la la laaa.

      I decided this list is a keeper.

      Details coming soooon.

      Dave
    • Shelley Powers
      Message 2 of 17 , May 14, 2003
        You know, you asked the people of this list to create a new group and
        move there because you weren't interested in maintaining this.

        We did -- in fact, we ended up with two new groups, both of which
        you've joined.

        And now you're keeping this group, splitting the energy away from the
        other groups, particularly bloggers unlimited.

        --- In blogrollers@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Winer" <dave@u...> wrote:
        > ..to the show that never ends.
        >
        > We're so glad you could attend.
        >
        > La la laaaa la la laaa.
        >
        > I decided this list is a keeper.
        >
        > Details coming soooon.
        >
        > Dave
      • Dave Winer
        Message 3 of 17 , May 14, 2003
          Okay, now's as good a time as any to state the new charter.

          1. No flames.

          2. No crybabies.

          3. No whining.

          4. No exceptions.

          Don't like it?

          Sue me.

          You can read more about it here.

          Dave

          You know, you asked the people of this list to create a new group and
          move there because you weren't interested in maintaining this.

          We did -- in fact, we ended up with two new groups, both of which
          you've joined.

          And now you're keeping this group, splitting the energy away from the
          other groups, particularly bloggers unlimited.

          --- In blogrollers@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Winer" <dave@u...> wrote:
          > ..to the show that never ends.
          >
          > We're so glad you could attend.
          >
          > La la laaaa la la laaa.
          >
          > I decided this list is a keeper.
          >
          > Details coming soooon.
          >
          > Dave

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Gary Turner
          Message 4 of 17 , May 14, 2003
            The smart arse in me is inclined to say

            "5. No rules."

            - and I guess he just did. Sorry about that, he saw my password
            over my shoulder and broke in without my knowledge. I say less
            is less, more is more.

            GT

            --- Dave Winer <dave@...> wrote: > Okay, now's as good
            a time as any to state the new charter.

            > 1. No flames.
            >
            > 2. No crybabies.
            >
            > 3. No whining.
            >
            > 4. No exceptions.
            >
            > Don't like it?
            >
            > Sue me.
            >
            > You can read more about it here.

            > Dave

            =====
            GARY TURNER
            1 Walkers Way,
            Wootton, Northampton.
            England, NN4 6HW.

            +44(0)7785 540834
            http://weblog.garyturner.net
          • O'Connor Clarke, Michael
            Message 5 of 17 , May 14, 2003
              Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.
              ;-)
              Ahem. Sorry. Someone had to do it.
              /m

            • Dave Winer
              Message 6 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                I had a thought that this list could be used to solve the problem of creating a standard set of rules that could be adopted by any list that wants to use a mail list to do work.

                Now, imho, one of the best things you can do to help that is to plant liberally, "imho" all over your posts, so people are clear that what you're posting is an "o" and not fact.

                Also, if I may be so bold as to critique your message Gary, your use of self-deprecation, calling yourself a smart arse, is wonderful! I am a smart arse too. And probably every other kind of arse. On the other hand, I think *you* are a gentleman, and very smart.

                Gotta run to lunch now. Look forward to more inspiring thoughts from the members of this list when I get back!

                Kisses, Dave

                - and I guess he just did. Sorry about that, he saw my password
                over my shoulder and broke in without my knowledge. I say less
                is less, more is more.

                GT

                --- Dave Winer <dave@...> wrote: > Okay, now's as good
                a time as any to state the new charter.

                > 1. No flames.
                >
                > 2. No crybabies.
                >
                > 3. No whining.
                >
                > 4. No exceptions.
                >
                > Don't like it?
                >
                > Sue me.
                >
                > You can read more about it here.

                > Dave

                =====
                GARY TURNER
                1 Walkers Way,
                Wootton, Northampton.
                England, NN4 6HW.

                +44(0)7785 540834
                http://weblog.garyturner.net

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Kevin Marks
                Message 7 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                  On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 08:14 AM, O'Connor Clarke, Michael wrote:

                  > Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.
                  > ;-)
                  > Ahem. Sorry. Someone had to do it.

                  Rule 7: No Poofters.

                  Right, that concludes the readin' of the rules, Bruce.
                  This here's the wattle, the emblem of our land. You can stick it in
                  a bottle, you can hold it in your hand.
                  Amen!

                  Immanuel Kant was a real piss-ant who was very rarely stable.
                  Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the
                  table.

                  David Hume could out-consume Schopenhauer and Hegel.
                  And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.

                  There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach 'ya 'bout the raising of the
                  wrist.
                  Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

                  John Stewart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shandy
                  was particularly ill.
                  Plato, they say, could stick it away, 'alf a crate of whiskey every day!
                  Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle, And Hobbes was fond
                  of his Dram.
                  And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart: "I drink, therefore I am."

                • Dave Winer
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                    Rule 8. All messages on this list must be formatted in the form of Rules until further notice.

                    Message 9 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                      Rule 9. Rules? We ain't got no rules. We don't need no rules. I don't have
                      to show you any stinking rules!
                      Rule 8. All messages on this list must be formatted in the form of Rules
                      until further notice.

                      On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 08:14 AM, O'Connor Clarke, Michael wrote:

                      > Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.
                      > ;-)
                      > Ahem. Sorry. Someone had to do it.

                      Rule 7: No Poofters.

                      Right, that concludes the readin' of the rules, Bruce.
                      This here's the wattle, the emblem of our land. You can stick it in
                      a bottle, you can hold it in your hand.
                      Amen!

                      Immanuel Kant was a real piss-ant who was very rarely stable.
                      Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the
                      table.

                      David Hume could out-consume Schopenhauer and Hegel.
                      And Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.

                      There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach 'ya 'bout the raising of the
                      wrist.
                      Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

                      John Stewart Mill, of his own free will, after half a pint of shandy
                      was particularly ill.
                      Plato, they say, could stick it away, 'alf a crate of whiskey every day!
                      Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle, And Hobbes was fond
                      of his Dram.
                      And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart: "I drink, therefore I am."

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
                      61:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid
                      =3179269?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupmai
                      l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=614397812>

                    • fpaynter@sandhilltech.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                        Rule 10. No rule shall include the word "no." All negative assertions
                        shall be couched as affirmations.

                        > Rule 9. Rules? We ain't got no rules. We don't need no rules. I don't have
                        > to show you any stinking rules!

                      • A K M Adam
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                          Why?

                          (Whoops)

                          On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 02:13 PM, Dave Winer wrote:

                          > Rule 8. All messages on this list must be formatted in the form of
                          > Rules until further notice.

                          <image.tiff>

                        • O'Connor Clarke, Michael
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                            >Rule 10. No rule shall include the word "no." All negative assertions
                            >shall be couched as affirmations.

                            Rule 10 (revised). Every day in every way rules will be written in positive
                            language!

                            OK?

                            /m

                          • Dave Winer
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                              Rule 11. Why not?
                              On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 02:13 PM, Dave Winer wrote:

                              > Rule 8. All messages on this list must be formatted in the form of
                              > Rules until further notice.

                              <image.tiff>

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            • Gary Turner
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                                12. Blogrule or blogruling, depending on your persuasion.

                                --- A K M Adam <akma@...> wrote: > Why?

                                > (Whoops)
                                >

                                > On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 02:13 PM, Dave Winer wrote:
                                >
                                > > Rule 8. All messages on this list must be formatted in the
                                > form of
                                > > Rules until further notice.

                                =====
                                GARY TURNER
                                1 Walkers Way,
                                Wootton, Northampton.
                                England, NN4 6HW.

                                +44(0)7785 540834
                                http://weblog.garyturner.net
                              • O'Connor Clarke, Michael
                                Message 15 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                                  > Rule 11. Why not?

                                  Rule 12. 30.48 cm
                                • Kevin Marks
                                  Message 16 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                                    Dave's secret plan is to turn this list into a big game of Nomic. All
                                    the hanging out with Lawyers he's been doing is rubbing off.

                                    How about a Bloggers version of the Philosophers' drinking song?

                                    O'Connor Clarke likes a pint of Dark, Dave Winer prefers shandy,
                                    Halley Suitt has a drink made of fruit, topped up with lots of brandy.

                                    Pirillo (Chris) is always on the piss, but Gretchen keeps him stable,
                                    But when Doc Searls goes out with the girls, they drink him under the
                                    table.

                                    AKMA, AKMA is propping up the bar, communion wine doesn't get him far,
                                    Shelley Powers can keep it up for hours, knocking back the vodka taking
                                    photographs of flowers

                                    Weinberger too likes to taste a brew, waxing philosophical when he's
                                    had a few,
                                    Jane Galt's single Malt is economic to a fault.

                                    Tom Matrullo drinks Barolo, and he rarely does it solo
                                    Christopher Locke, which is quite a shock, sticks to his espresso

                                    This is harder than it looks. What rhymes with Sessum or Joi Ito?
                                  • Frank Paynter
                                    Message 17 of 17 , May 14, 2003
                                      Rule 10 (revised and amended.). Every day in every way rules will be
                                      written in positive language such that blogging will get better and
                                      better. Or else.

                                      >Rule 10. No rule shall include the word "no." All negative assertions
                                      >shall be couched as affirmations.

                                      Rule 10 (revised). Every day in every way rules will be written in
                                      positive
                                      language!

                                      OK?

                                      /m