Re: [bloggercon-iv] Why I support Rocketboom

  • Sean Bohan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8 10:42 PM
      They will both be more successful as a result of splitting up (big disagreement with Jason Calacanis on this one - Rocketboom aint gonna die).

      Change is good. These are folks who we invite into our lives every week, and we have a personal investment (even if it is only our time and attention) in their show. Was it a big soap opera for a couple of days? Yup. Did tons of folks get to throw their $.02 in? Sure.

      It sucks they couldn't have parted amicably, or at least without the drama. The unintended consequence of the drama is a ton of press and attention for rocketboom/Amanda/vlogging in general. Rocketboom will get a pass from everyone for the first couple of weeks to see if the new formula works out. They earned it - but long term, its up to them to show that RB is more than just Amanda, and for Amanda to show she has the potential for other/bigger things.

      And ditto Dave - Ze Frank rocks!

      Sean Bohan
      http://www.seanbohan.com

      Sean Bohan
      seanbohan@...
      www.seanbohan.com
    • Chris Pirillo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8 10:50 PM
        They will both be more successful as a result of splitting up (big disagreement with Jason Calacanis on this one - Rocketboom aint gonna die).

        Yeah, but the new RocketBoom host is going to suffer from the same thing I suffered from when I took over for Leo on CFH... guaranteed. This drama is far from over.

        Andrew's been pissed at me since I tried helping them get to Gnomedex - and through a cascading series of misunderstandings, I believe I'm still at the top of his sh*t list (although Amanda may have knocked me out of the top ten). Dunno.

        I certainly wish both of them the best. The Internet's big enough for everybody. :)

      • Sean Bohan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8 10:58 PM
          Now I am pissed at you - you tried to get RB to Gnomdex and not TikiBarTV??????? WTF?

          :)

          Sean Bohan
          http://www.seanbohan.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8 11:09 PM
            Now I am pissed at you - you tried to get RB to Gnomdex and not TikiBarTV??????? WTF?

            Well, the next Gnomedex is likely to be in Hollywood, so... expect much more media madness. :)

            Chris