Re: [bloggercon-iv] Frappr map, MP3 collection, 3 by 4

  • Kevin Marks
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2006
      On Jun 25, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Roland Tanglao wrote:

      > Hi Kevin:
      >
      > What tools did you use to produce your videos?
      > i.e. which video camera, what software, what server you use to host
      > (just apache?)

      A cheap DV Video Camera ( I paid ~$300 for it), (better than using an
      iSight or MacBook as you can zoom and point easily)

      QuickTime Broadcaster (free) - set it to record

      For live: QTSS (free, open source) running on a friends server (thanks
      Joi Ito).

      I then uploaded the recorded files at the end of each session (which
      took less than the breaktime to do).

      The quality is not wonderful, but I was deliberately keeping the
      bitrate down so the live streams did not choke for people - they
      averaged about 120 kbit/sec ie about the same as a Stereo MP3.
    • Ramin Firoozye
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2006
        My first BloggerCon and I'm hooked. I especially enjoyed the open discussion format and the ability to hear a lot of different perspectives.
        Someone asked and it seemed to get lost in the shuffle, but can we put together an OPML of the blogs of each of the participants? If it already exists, a pointer would be appreciated. If it doesn't exist and nobody wants to do it, I'll volunteer to be the collector.

        Ramin
        ---
        Ramin Firoozye
        Wizen Software - Berkeley CA
        Blog: http://ramin.wizen.com
        ---

        Dave Winer wrote:

        A few post-Con notes...

        Were you at BloggerCon IV? (Either physically present or tuned in over
        the webcast and IRC.) If so, please add yourself to the Frappr map,
        and let's see where we all are from.

        http://www.frappr. com/bloggerconiv

      • Roland Tanglao
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2006
          Hi Kevin:

          That helps alot. I'm gonna try recording videos of DrupalCamp (not
          streaming!) in Seattle on Wed and Thu using this technique.
          What were your QuickTime Broadcaster settings (the quality seemed
          fine to me)?
          And you didn't record to tape right?
          You just attached your DV camera to your Mac with a Firewire cable
          and then recorded directly over Firewire to your Mac's hard disk
          using QuickTime BroadCaster right?

          Cheers!
          --
          ...Roland Tanglao