Re: [bloggercon-iv] Frappr map, MP3 collection, 3 by 4

  • Roland Tanglao
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2006
      Hi Kevin:

      What tools did you use to produce your videos?
      i.e. which video camera, what software, what server you use to host
      (just apache?)

      BTW this was the best BloggerCon ever for me (and I've been to 3 out
      of 4).

      The only person missing for me was Britt Blaser.

      Ryanne's awesome video session, Blogher, the user and the politics
      sessions were my favourites!

      Cheers!
      --
      ...Roland Tanglao, Chief Blogging Officer, Bryght, www.bryght.com
      HOSTED 'Web 2.0' websites for organizations and communities

      On Jun 25, 2006, at 10:53 AM, Kevin Marks wrote:

      > On Jun 25, 2006, at 7:22 AM, Dave Winer wrote:
      > >
      > > The MP3 collection of audio from the conference is complete. Amazing
      > > turnaround from the CNET folks.
      > >
      > > http://www.bloggercon.org/2006/06/23#a12084
      >
      > And videos of the 5 session I attended are at:
      >
      > http://epeus.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_epeus_archive.html
      >
      > direct links:
      >
      > http://media.ito.com/kevinmarks/bloggercon.pirillo.mov
      > http://media.ito.com/kevinmarks/bloggercon.kennedy.mov
      > http://media.ito.com/kevinmarks/bloggercon.williams.mov
      > http://media.ito.com/kevinmarks/bloggercon.searls.mov
      > http://media.ito.com/kevinmarks/bloggercon.arrington.mov

    • Kevin Marks
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2006
        On Jun 25, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Roland Tanglao wrote:

        > Hi Kevin:
        >
        > What tools did you use to produce your videos?
        > i.e. which video camera, what software, what server you use to host
        > (just apache?)

        A cheap DV Video Camera ( I paid ~$300 for it), (better than using an
        iSight or MacBook as you can zoom and point easily)

        QuickTime Broadcaster (free) - set it to record

        For live: QTSS (free, open source) running on a friends server (thanks
        Joi Ito).

        I then uploaded the recorded files at the end of each session (which
        took less than the breaktime to do).

        The quality is not wonderful, but I was deliberately keeping the
        bitrate down so the live streams did not choke for people - they
        averaged about 120 kbit/sec ie about the same as a Stereo MP3.
      • Ramin Firoozye
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2006
          My first BloggerCon and I'm hooked. I especially enjoyed the open discussion format and the ability to hear a lot of different perspectives.
          Someone asked and it seemed to get lost in the shuffle, but can we put together an OPML of the blogs of each of the participants? If it already exists, a pointer would be appreciated. If it doesn't exist and nobody wants to do it, I'll volunteer to be the collector.

          Ramin
          ---
          Ramin Firoozye
          Wizen Software - Berkeley CA
          Blog: http://ramin.wizen.com
          ---

          Dave Winer wrote:

          A few post-Con notes...

          Were you at BloggerCon IV? (Either physically present or tuned in over
          the webcast and IRC.) If so, please add yourself to the Frappr map,
          and let's see where we all are from.

          http://www.frappr. com/bloggerconiv

        • Roland Tanglao
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 25, 2006
            Hi Kevin:

            That helps alot. I'm gonna try recording videos of DrupalCamp (not
            streaming!) in Seattle on Wed and Thu using this technique.
            What were your QuickTime Broadcaster settings (the quality seemed
            fine to me)?
            And you didn't record to tape right?
            You just attached your DV camera to your Mac with a Firewire cable
            and then recorded directly over Firewire to your Mac's hard disk
            using QuickTime BroadCaster right?

            Cheers!
            --
            ...Roland Tanglao