BloggerCon Monitors, note about this list...

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2006
      Earlier this week I sent an email to people I thought would make
      excellent "monitors" for BloggerCon discussions, and got back a great
      response, so here's the list of assignments. It is subject to change,
      but of course there's not much time, so I asked that people only
      object if there's no way they can do what I'm asking them to do. (I
      suppose it's possible that I've assigned one of your mortal enemies to
      be a monitor, but maybe even that can work!)

      http://www.bloggercon.org/iv/monitors

      Originally, I thought I'd assign people to be monitors at sessions
      with subjects I thought they'd care about, or have some expertise in,
      but then I realized this was a problem, because monitors don't have
      speaking roles (except in special circumstances). So I assigned people
      to sessions on a random basis. I actually wrote a script to generate
      the names. It's kind of amazing how good a job the random script did.

      Dave

      PS: I turned off moderation for this list, as we approach the
      conference, the mission of this list has largely been accomplished,
      notifying people of events and milestones as we approach them. Now
      this can turn into a discussion of the conference, the content, the
      format, whatever, and if you find the discussion tiresome, you should
      unsubscribe. Here's to a great conference!