Is anyone still here?

  • thegrrlca
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2015

      Blogger has lost so much popularity but I know there are still a lot of sites out there, active too. I moved most of my sites to their own domain and then WordPress (mostly because it was easier to set up on a domain than Blogger was back then). But, I want to do something with my Blogger account. I don't want to see Blogger fade away in the Google empire.

      So, I have this idea to use Blogger sites for content curation in very niche topics. Sort of like Pinterest, Scoop.it and etc. But, I want to use Blogger as a focal point for each niche. So everything could meet up there and I could add everything I find in one place rather than a small part of my existing sites.

      Not sure if that makes sense. I am not talking about content scraping. I've been curating content for years and I know the difference between the two. I also have content I wrote for other sites which are no longer up or I just want to move on from. I would repost relevant content to the niche Blogger sites. Also new posts/ ideas as I think of them.

       Russian Matryoshka Dolls - Not a great example as I have decided this suits Pinterest better. It's mainly images and very light on written content. But, it gives me a place to pull things together and add my own photos of my Russian dolls and some background about them too.

      I do use BlogThis and the BlogThis extension for the Chrome web browser. But, what else is out there? It's not easy to find resources for using Blogger. A lot of generic stuff (mostly geared to WordPress) comes up when you type in Blogger.

      Anyway, I'd be interested in your feedback and ideas,

      Laura