July 1 SparkysHeart -- PSALMS 42-49

  • George Jackson, Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
      July 1 SparkysHeart -- PSALMS 42-49
      Sparky's Prayer: Help us Lord: to remember that You are there even
      when our feelings dull our sensitivity to You. Thank You Lord that
      You lift us up when we are feeling down. Thank You Lord for quenching
      our thirst and filling our hunger in our souls. Help us to see Your
      face and feel Your presence in our sorrow and pain. Help us to praise
      You our Savior and our God even in our darkest hour You are our inter
      Light in Jesus' saving name we pray. Amen.

      Galatians 3:15-29 -- One with Christ
      PAUL'S PRAYER: Dear Father God: Thank You, Father God, for giving
      Your holy law to Moses and for the role it played in bringing people
      to Christ. Thank You Father even more that Christ has come as our
      real teacher and that we have been delivered to Him, that we will be
      justified by faith. Thank You Father for making us Your sons through
      faith, for making it possible to put on Christ by our baptism into
      Christ. Thank You Father God that in Him there is neither Jew nor
      Greek, slave nor free, neither male nor female, but that we are all
      one in Christ. Thank You Father God that by making us one with Christ
      You have made us to be Abraham's offspring, heirs according to the
      promise You made to him. In the saving name of Jesus we offer our
      praise and prayers. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/praying_paul/pwp.pl?182

      VERSE: O land, land, land, hear the word of the LORD. Jeremiah 22:29
      (NIV)
      THOUGHT: What is absolutely essential for your country and your
      people to experience revival?
      First, the Spirit of God must move in a mighty way.
      Second, the people must open their hearts to hear and respond to the
      Word of the Lord.
      So let's commit to pray together, all over the world, that our people
      will open their hearts to the Spirit and the Word of God!
      PRAYER: Holy and Almighty Father God, please move powerfully in our
      day to bring revival. Open the hearts of the peoples to Your truth
      and enable those who proclaim Your Word to speak Your truth with
      power. Please use us to help make a difference in the lives of those
      around us. In Jesus' saving name we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/

      WHAT JESUS DID! Leaving the Crowd Behind
      Matthew 13:36-39 (NLT) Then, leaving the crowds outside, Jesus went
      into the house. His disciples said, "Please explain the story of the
      weeds in the field." "All right," he said. "I, the Son of Man, am the
      farmer who plants the good seed. The field is the world, and the good
      seed represents the people of the Kingdom. The weeds are the people
      who belong to the evil one. The enemy who planted the weeds among the
      wheat is the Devil. The harvest is the end of the world, and the
      harvesters are the angels.
      WJD THOUGHT: Jesus leaves the crowd. They will not own Him. They will
      not even be the source of His greatest or most important ministry the
      rest of His life. He will focus on His disciples. They are His work
      because they can continue it after Him. He will pour Himself into
      shaping them and preparing them for a life of ministry. Once again
      Jesus reminds the disciples that their ministry and His church will
      live in a real world where many people do not follow Him. In fact,
      those who don't follow Him are under the rule of Satan to some extent
      or another. While we are in the world, we are not tied to the world.
      While the world will at times offer things that look like authentic
      faith, they do not. Our goal is to make a difference in the lives of
      those who are in the world and bring them into the Kingdom of light.
      WJD PRAYER: Most powerful and holy Father God. Help us to understand
      what is at stake in the lives of people who do not know You as Lord.
      Please give us a passion to work with Jesus in liberating them from
      the bondage that Satan has them under. Through Your Holy Spirit,
      please stir our passion and our insight and our timing so that we can
      be used by You to make a difference in the lives of our friends who
      are not a part of the Kingdom family. In Jesus' saving name we pray.
      Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/matthew/0701-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! Teaching the Crowds
      Mark 10:1 (NLT) Then Jesus left Capernaum and went southward to the
      region of Judea and into the area east of the Jordan River. As always
      there were the crowds, and as usual He taught them.
      WJD THOUGHT: Two characteristics marked Jesus' ministry at this stage
      of His life.
      First, He was very popular and crowds accompanied Him everywhere He
      went.
      Second, He taught them God's will. Jesus' goal in attracting people
      was not to gain an earthly following, but to teach and to train a
      group of people who would change the world. He saw teaching as His
      task -- not His only task, but His primary task.
      WJD PRAYER: Father God, we thank You for those who have so
      wonderfully taught us. We realize, dear Father God that these people
      gave us one of the most wonderful gifts anyone could give. Help us to
      never forget their sacrifices. In Jesus' saving name we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/mark/0701-wjd.html

      What Jesus Did! Jesus Pronounces Judgment
      Luke 10:13-15 (NLT) "What horrors await you, Korazin and Bethsaida!
      For if the miracles I did in you had been done in wicked Tyre and
      Sidon, their people would have sat in deep repentance long ago,
      clothed in sackcloth and throwing ashes on their heads to show their
      remorse. Yes, Tyre and Sidon will be better off on the judgment day
      than you. And you people of Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven?
      No, you will be brought down to the place of the dead."
      WJD THOUGHT: Jesus seldom pronounces judgment so sternly and so
      clearly. Yet here, He does so with great passion and clarity. He had
      done great miracles and taught God's truth. Yet the people refused to
      believe in Him and change their lives. Jesus is the picture of God's
      love. However, part of love is being upset, concerned, and yes, even
      angry when those we love choose destruction. By rejecting Jesus,
      these cities chose death and destruction over deliverance. Let's
      understand the stakes in the choices that people make and work for
      deliverance in the lives of those we influence now, as well as those
      that we can possible influence in the future.
      WJD PRAYER: O Father God, we are shocked and motivated to see Jesus'
      sharp words and deep frustration. We know He left heaven to bring us
      salvation and that His goal was not judgment. Yet we are constantly
      amazed at how often people we know choose their own way, the way of
      destruction, over Jesus' grace and deliverance. Stir us to such deep
      concern and help us find ways to communicate that concern to the lost
      with passion and love. In Jesus' saving name we pray. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/luke/0701-wjd.html

      WHAT JESUS DID! Beyond Appearances
      John 9:8-12 (NLT) His neighbors and others who knew him as a blind
      beggar asked each other, "Is this the same man -- that beggar?" Some
      said he was, and others said, "No, but he surely looks like him!" And
      the beggar kept saying, "I am the same man!" They asked, "Who healed
      you? What happened?" He told them, "The man they call Jesus made mud
      and smoothed it over my eyes and told me, 'Go to the pool of Siloam
      and wash off the mud.' I went and washed, and now I can see!" "Where
      is He now?" they asked. "I don't know," he replied.
      WJD THOUGHT: How often have you judged someone simply based upon his
      or her appearance? The folks who were supposed to be the neighbors of
      this man Jesus healed knew him only as a label. That label was based
      upon his physical blindness and his need to beg. They never spent
      enough time to move beyond the label to the man. They didn't know
      him, only his label. They didn't bother to befriend him because he
      was a blind beggar. Before we get too self-righteous, let's ask how
      different we are! We all need to ask ourselves, "Do I make unfair
      assumptions about people based on external appearances?" Do I use
      labels to push people away so I do not have to deal with them in
      everyday life?
      WJD PRAYER: Father God, please forgive us. We confess that many times
      we do not view people like You do. We find ourselves too easily
      dismissing them based on external appearances so we don't have to
      involve ourselves in their lives. Father God, we don't want to waste
      our time worrying with folks that are chronically dependent and don't
      want to change. However, dear Father God, we don't want to neglect
      blessing anyone that You send our way who needs to experience Your
      grace. Please give us the wisdom to know how to balance the two
      anyone we meet. In Jesus' saving name we ask it. Amen.
      http://www.heartlight.org/wjd/john/0701-wjd.html

      Daily Guide to Miracles from Oral Roberts Ministries
      Frustrating Decisions — by Richard Roberts
      Perhaps you have heard about the man who complained about how hard he
      had to work. When a friend asked him what he did for a living, the
      man said, "I sort potatoes."
      "That doesn't sound too difficult," commented the friend.
      "Oh, it isn't the work," replied the man. "It's all those decisions!"
      The illustration is humorous, but the fact remains that decisions can
      be most frustrating. They can sap your strength, your vitality, and
      your joy. But God did not leave you to wander
      aimlessly...searching...and never knowing His will. He has left a
      simple biblical formula to guide you in Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV):
      1. Trust in the Lord with all of your heart.
      2. Lean not on your own understanding.
      3. In all your ways acknowledge Him.
      What happens if you do these three things? He shall direct your
      paths! Do you have a decision to make that is troubling you? Instead
      of fretting and worrying, why not try God's plan?
      My Declaration of Faith for Today: Father God, as I trust in You and
      obey Your word, You will direct my steps.
      Remember, "Something GOOD is going to happen to you!"
      prayer@...
      Visit the Make Your Day Count web site at
      http://www.makeyourdaycount.com

      Our Heavenly Home
      Hebrews 11:16a - But the truth is that they were yearning for and
      aspiring to a better and more desirable country, that is, a heavenly
      [one]. (AMP)
      Two years ago, our local television morning show asked for the
      definition of a Canadian. The winner coined this phrase: "A Canadian
      is an immigrant with authority!"
      It is true that at one time, most Canadians came from somewhere else.
      My immigrating Icelandic ancestors gave me the opportunity to be born
      Canadian. On July 1, Canada Day, the Canadian national holiday, many
      new immigrants choose to become Canadians officially, just as my
      great-grandparents did.
      Here in Sandycove Acres, we celebrate Canada Day in a big way because
      we are grateful to live in such a wonderful country. Red and white
      flags and banners decorate the community. We cheer when the veterans
      march by. We applaud the floats and clowns. Then we eat and play
      games all the rest of the day.
      Of course, we are all proud of our nationalities and our countries,
      but let's not get sidetracked. If we know Jesus as our personal
      Saviour, no earthly country is our real home. God has a better place
      in store for us!
      Hebrews 11:16b - Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God;
      indeed, He has prepared a city for them. (NRSV)
      Philippians 3:20 - But our citizenship is in heaven. (NIV)
      We come in agreement with Brenda's Prayer: Father God, we thank You
      for the country of our birth. We are grateful for its culture and all
      that it brings. Still, Father God, keep us ever mindful that it is
      not our final resting place. Help us to live as citizens of heaven,
      for that is what we are. In Jesus' saving name we pray. Amen.
      Brenda Wood -- brcwood@...
      Sandycove Acres, Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
      http://daily.presbycan.ca/

      WHAT JESUS DID! Teach and proclaim the good news
      Acts 15:33-35 And after spending some time there, they were sent back
      by the brethren with [the greeting] peace to those who had sent them.
      [34] However, Silas decided to stay on there. [35] But Paul and
      Barnabas remained in Antioch and with many others also continued
      teaching and proclaiming the good news, the Word of the Lord
      [concerning the attainment through Christ of eternal salvation in
      God's kingdom].