ROCK of JUDGMENT & PROVISION

  • lolministries@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .
      Prayer is a path where there is none.

      ROCK of JUDGMENT & PROVISION
      "The LORD spoke to Moses saying, 'You and your brother Aaron take the
      rod and assemble the community, and before their very eyes speak to
      the rock (Hebrew: cela - rock of provision) to yield its water. Thus
      you shall produce water for them from the rock and provide drink for
      the congregation and their beasts." [Numbers 20. 7 - 8 Tanakh, Torah]

      Once before under similar circumstances, Omnipotent GOD had Moses
      strike the rock (Hebrew: t'sur - rock of judgment) in Horeb to produce
      its waters for the thirsty Israelites. [Exodus 17. 6] Both times a
      spring of water erupted which had then supplied their needs. When
      the Israelites started taking the supply for granted instead of being
      grateful for their blessings, then the Holy One dried up the
      miraculous waters. Almighty GOD of heaven desired for them to come to
      Him, their "Source" of blessings, and ask once again. Instead, they
      grumbled and forgot all Creator GOD's previous gifts.

      Therefore, Yehowah told Moses to do the ASKing for them, as they
      watched. Moses was not to take his rod (symbolizing judgment) but
      was told to take Aaron's rod [Numbers 20. 9] from where it had
      been "laid up." Thus showing the peoples that Moses and Aaron were
      still their leaders, and Creator GOD was still able to supply their
      needs. In his anger, however, Moses first rebuked the doubting
      Israelites, then struck the rock.

      The Rock of Judgment and the Rock of Provision both picture the Lord
      Messiah Yeshua; He was STRUCK in judgment for us, once and for all;
      and ever after we are to SPEAK to Him. For their disobedience and
      neglect to bless the LORD GOD in the eyes of the children of Israel,
      neither Moses nor Aaron were allowed to enter Canaan, the Promised
      Land.

      The Most High Creator GOD alone is "THE ONE" Who is due all reliance,
      confidence, honour, glory and praise. He desires that we come to Him
      faithfully and be thankful for His abundant provisions and loving care.

      PRAY for the peace of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
      Our beloved and longed-for brethren, our joy and crown, we encourage
      you to stand fast in the LORD JESUS.

      Email: delrifkah.kralman@...
      Web Page: http://delrifkah.homestead.com/

      Skip Wigmore