PEARLS 6/1/06

  • lolministries@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      From : D <buckeyedonr46@...>

      Subject : Strengthen ye the weak hands ... pearls 6-1-06

      Date : Thursday, June 1, 2006 10:20 AM

      Pearls 6/1/06. "Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees." Isaiah 35:3.

      �Upon these (the pillars of democratic government) let the proud fabric of freedom rest, as the rock of its basis; and as truly as has been said of the only greater institution, �the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.� (Abraham Lincoln)
      "The Word of our God shall stand for ever." (Isaiah 40:8)
      [Words, do we fully understand their power? Can any of us really grasp the mighty force behind the things we say? Do we stop and think before we speak, considering the potency of the words we utter?]
      When a reporter once stated that heavyweight boxing champion of the world, Floyd Patterson, was downed more than most fighters, he replied, �But I also got up the most!�
      Am I alone on this, or am I always in bad company when I am beside myself?
      Does Jesus Care?
      �Oh yes, He cares - I know He cares!
      His heart is touched with my grief:
      When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
      I know my Savior cares.�
      1. Problems do not come to stay, they come to pass.
      2. The best time to count your blessings is right before you look for more.
      3. The most sensitive nerve in the body is the one leading from the heart to the pocketbook.
      4. I am fashioned in the image of God, yet most of the time, I tend to fashion God in my own image. (The Rabbi)
      5. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you are in deep water.
      #1. Trivia. Answer below. From 1964 to 1986, the US Post Office used �Mr. Zip� as its promotional feature. What was Mr. Zip�s theme song for all that time? A. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah. B. Mail Me a Song. C. Send It! D. Here�s Mr. Zip! E. From Here to There.
      [][] (Airline Executive at Board Meeting.) I am glad to report that air-sickness bags have declined sharply since we quit serving meals.
      6. Divinely endowed power: expect it, acknowledge it, receive it, be grateful for it, use it wisely.
      7. Improvement begins with �I.� (The Rabbi)
      8. He of a humble heart esteems others better than himself.
      9. We greatly want a bold voice and a strong hand to preach and publish the old Gospel for which martyrs bled and confessors died.
      10. All that meat - and no potatoes!
      #2. Trivia. Answer below. On May 15, 1930, Ellen Church was aboard a passenger plane going from San Francisco to Cheyenne, Wyoming. On that flight, she became the nation's first __________. (Fill in the blank.)
      [][] Man to friend: My girlfriend and I had a serious talk last night.
      Friend: How serious?
      Man: The wedding�s Tuesday!
      11. Satan wants us to fret so much that we give up.
      12. Time waits on no one.
      13. Men of God are not immune to hardships, accidents, trials, and ill-health.
      14. Our tongue can be our own worst enemy.
      15. God loves to turn crucifixions into resurrections.
      #3. Trivia. Answer below. Well-known Civil War Union Generals Ulysses S . Grant and William T. Sherman were both from what state?
      [][] Another good thing about being poor is that when you get old, your children will not have you declared insane in order to control your estate.
      [][] The deacon and the preacher often go fishing on their boat, the "Visitation." When asked by fellow church members where they have been, the two can reply in a positive way; �We have been out on Visitation.�
      [][] Definition. �Father:� One who goes through pregnancy, labor, and delivery without anesthetic.
      16. The Psalms are simply profound and profoundly simple.
      17. Face the Race with Grace: the Lord liveth!
      18. God will use us whether we wish to be used or not.
      19. Our lips and our lives often preach a mixed message.
      20. Your life is destined to be an example. The only question is "what kind?"
      21. �Men marry women with the hope that they will never change. Women marry men with the hope that they will change. Invariably, they both are disappointed.� (Albert Einstein)
      22. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
      23. An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.
      [][] (Overheard) If you are sending someone Styrofoam, what do you pack it in? *Contributed by Puddle Head.
      [][] A boy was watching his father, a pastor, write a sermon. "How do you know what to say?" he asked.
      "Why, God tells me," answered the father.
      "Oh, then why do you keep crossing things out?"

      �A broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.� Psalm 51:17.
      As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.
      So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
      ==But, unlike all else, Jesus will never leave us or forsake us!! He has promised that, through Him, our joy will be full!!
      Trivia answers.
      1. A. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah
      2. First stewardess (flight attendant)
      3. Ohio