Re: Welcome to the blessedzomi group

  • N.S.Mung
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2005

      Dear Moderator

      Thank you for adding me as one of your members.

      God bless u and members

      Mung

      On 9 Oct 2005 03:50:43 -0000, blessedzomi Moderator <blessedzomi-owner@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello,

      I've added you to my blessedzomi group at Yahoo! Groups, a free,
      easy-to-use service. Yahoo! Groups makes it easy to send and receive
      group messages, coordinate events, share photos and files, and more.

      My introductory message to you:
      welcome

      Description of the group:
      You can post anything in this group but do it only for the glory
      of God.

      Important information about the blessedzomi group

      * To learn more about the blessedzomi group, please visit:

      * To view and modify all of your groups, visit:

      Regards,

      Moderator, blessedzomi

      Report abuse:

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Mr. Thangte
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 10, 2005

        Thanks for adding me in your group.

        I like dicussion of Christianity in Religious e-group. Some of us are quite religious, so they use to write in non religious e-groups..

        Thanks
        May God bless Zo peoples.

        Salai Thangte
        blessedzomi Moderator <blessedzomi-owner@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hello,

        I've added you to my blessedzomi group at Yahoo! Groups, a free,
        easy-to-use service. Yahoo! Groups makes it easy to send and receive
        group messages, coordinate events, share photos and files, and more.

        My introductory message to you:
        welcome to this group

        Description of the group:
        You can post anything in this group but do it only for the glory
        of God.

        Important information about the blessedzomi group

        * To learn more about the blessedzomi group, please visit:

        * To view and modify all of your groups, visit:

        Regards,

        Moderator, blessedzomi

        Report abuse:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Pao Lal
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005

            Kei mah in pen Mangkang pau thupingaihlouh ka hihman in Mangkang pau toh ki gelh peuhmah hong pe nawn kei un. Pasian thu hiin thu dang ahi zong in.

          On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 Mr.Thangte wrote :

          >Thanks for adding me in your group.
          >
          >I like dicussion of Christianity in Religious e-group. Some of us are quite religious, so they use to write in non religious e-groups..
          >
          >Thanks
          >May God bless Zo peoples.
          >
          >Salai Thangte
          >blessedzomi Moderator <blessedzomi-owner@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          >
          >Hello,
          >
          >I've added you to my blessedzomi group at Yahoo! Groups, a free,
          >easy-to-use service. Yahoo! Groups makes it easy to send and receive
          >group messages, coordinate events, share photos and files, and more.
          >
          >My introductory message to you:
          >welcome to this group
          >
          >Description of the group:
          >You can post anything in this group but do it only for the glory
          >of God.
          >

          >Important information about the blessedzomi group
          >
          >* To learn more about the blessedzomi group, please visit:
          >
          >* To view and modify all of your groups, visit:
          >
          >Regards,
          >
          >Moderator, blessedzomi
          >
          >Report abuse:

          >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          >

          >---------------------------------
          >  Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

        • Blessed Zomi
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
            International Herald Tribune

            Myanmar puzzle

            By Seth Mydans International Herald Tribune

            THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2005

            BANGKOK
            At precisely 6:37 a.m. on Sunday, according to one report - with a shout of "Let's go!" - a convoy of trucks began a huge, expensive and baffling transfer of the government of Myanmar from the capital, Yangon, to a secret mountain compound 320 kilometers to the north.

            Diplomats and foreign analysts were left groping for an explanation, and in a country as secretive and eccentric as Myanmar, the leading theories had to do with astrological predictions and fears of invasion by the United States.

            The relocation, which was later announced to reporters and foreign diplomats but not yet to the public, had been rumored for years. But according to reports from Yangon, officials and civil servants were given only a day or two to pack and say goodbye to their families.

            When they arrived at the new site, called Pyinmana, they found it still under construction, with shortages of water, telephone lines and even sleeping quarters and food, according to family members quoted by news services and exile groups.

            Foreign diplomats said they were told that if they had urgent business with the relocated government, they could send a fax but that no number was yet available.

            According to various unofficial reports, the vast, fortified compound is to contain military headquarters, government ministries, huge meeting halls, residences, hotels, a hospital, an airport, underground bunkers and, not surprisingly, a golf course.

            The military junta that runs the country, formerly known as Burma, offered little explanation for its mystery move.

            "Due to changed circumstances, where Myanmar is trying to develop a modern nation, a more centrally located government seat has become a necessity," it said in a statement.

            That left plenty of room for theories, and it was difficult to find one that seemed rational. Astrology seemed to make as much sense as anything.

            Myanmar is a deeply superstitious nation that held its independence ceremony from the British, following astrological dictates, at exactly 4:20 a.m. on Jan. 4, 1948.

            According to Aung Zaw, the editor of Irrawaddy Magazine, a Thailand-based émigré publication with a network of contacts inside the country, huge convoys of Chinese-built trucks began their journey at exactly 6:37 a.m., a strangely precise moment that may well have been dictated by astrologers.

            Astrological timing may also have been behind the abruptness of the move to a site that was not yet complete.

            One theory is that the entire move follows a warning by astrologers several years ago that the dilapidated capital on the Bay of Bengal would become a dangerous place for the ruling generals.

            Seen from their perspective, the notion of an American invasion might not seem far-fetched.

            This is a ruling clique of soldiers whose background is jungle warfare and who know little of the outside world.

            For years they have been squeezed by economic sanctions and battered by relentless criticism from the West over their human rights abuses, and they have responded by pulling farther into their shells.

            In January, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice of the United States included Myanmar in a list of "outposts of tyranny," along with North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Zimbabwe and Belarus.

            Officials in Myanmar sometimes offer visitors a list of their own: Panama, Grenada, Somalia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq - all countries where the United States has sent armed forces.

            Not long ago, according to one story, an officer was asked the purpose of obligatory civil defense training for civilian men.

            "You are the holding action against the Americans until the Chinese come to our aid," the officer said, according to David Steinberg, a professor at Georgetown University in Washington who is a leading expert on Myanmar.

            Steinberg said wishful thinking about an American "rescue" was also current among opponents of the government.

            "The joke going around is, 'After diamonds, gold,"' he said. In the Burmese language, "sein" is diamonds - as in Saddam Hussein. "Shwe" is gold - as in General Than Shwe, the leader of the junta.

            There was no way to know whether there was a connection last week when the authorities in the capital reopened a road that passes by the entrance to the U.S. Embassy.

            Barbed wire and concrete security barriers were removed for the first time since they were put in place following the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

            "Obviously, we are reviewing our security arrangements," an unnamed U.S. Embassy official told Reuters. "We felt a lot safer with them in place."
            Minister of Information Kyaw Hsan told reporters in Yangon the transfer of government had begun with nine of the 32 ministries but gave no date for the projected completion of the move.

            At the moment there appear to be no schools and little family housing at Pyinmana. The transfer is likely to separate civil servants from their families as well as from the second jobs that many found necessary to make ends meet in the country's minimal economy.

            The junta's physical move into a fortified retreat reflects what many analysts say is a bunker mentality in the face of what may seem like a bewildering and antagonistic world.

            "I keep hearing the same thing all the time," Steinberg said "Look, we don't need you guys. We can go it alone. We've done it before, and so what's new?"

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
              November 10, Irrawaddy
              UN fears Pyinmana effect as government loses touch - Clive Parker

              UN officials in Rangoon today said they fear the ongoing relocation of government ministries to Pyinmana may further encroach on their ability to work effectively in Burma, as they lose touch with Burmese civil servants.

              Like most people in the country, UN and foreign aid organizations heard of the news through the Rangoon rumor mill on Sunday, as trucks full of civil servants made their way nearly 400 km north of the capital to southern Mandalay Division.

              Humanitarian organizations and foreign missions were only officially informed on Monday afternoon, courtesy of Deputy Foreign Minister Kyaw Thu, while Minister of Information Brig-Gen Kyaw Hsan announced the move at a press conference.

              “We’re still not sure exactly how we will be able to continue interacting with our counterpart ministries during this period and afterwards,” UN Resident Coordinator in Burma Charles Petrie told The Irrawaddy today.

              “As a result we are not really sure how we need to organize ourselves to ensure minimum disruption. We fear a period of complication that will probably delay things.”

              The World Food Programme said it is yet to be affected because the two ministries it deals with—the Ministry of Progress for Border Areas and National Races and Development Affairs and the Ministry of Population and Immigration—are not due to move until next month.

              “Having said that, I am worried [about] how we can maintain effective communication between those two line ministries and WFP in the future,” a Rangoon-based representative of WFP said.

              For the UN and international humanitarian organizations, the move creates evident problems given that government permission is required to do anything from send personnel to border regions to importing medical supplies.

              In a country with a limited and unreliable telecommunications system, corresponding with an area that is still being developed is likely to pose challenges for the foreseeable future.

              An additional problem is that despite Kyaw Hsan’s assurance that the government has “made arrangements to fulfill… requirements for the convenience of the government servants,” sources close to those relocating say Pyinmana still lacks fully functioning amenities including water, suggesting the priority in the short term remains setting up the administrative base rather than dealing with Burma’s network of humanitarian groups.

              Sources also say that civil servants will not be allowed to leave the Pyinmana compound for three months after arrival, although this is yet to be confirmed.

              Of the nine ministries that are reported to have moved so far, three are regular points of contact for the various UN operations in Rangoon—the ministries of foreign affairs, national planning and home affairs. Only the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued contact details, meaning the remaining ministries are presently incommunicado.

              The move to Pyinmana is the latest in a series of setbacks for the UN in Burma in 2005, including death threats against International Labour Organization officials and the Ministry of Labor’s reported desire to withdraw from the Geneva-based organization.
              International humanitarian groups, including the UN, have only recently re-established effective links with the government after Khin Nyunt’s Military Intelligence apparatus was disbanded following his ouster last October.

              This year almost all UN agencies and NGOs have experienced delays and restrictions in receiving permission to send personnel to sensitive regions or import necessary materials, the main reason Global Fund gave for its decision to withdraw from Burma, claiming it was unable to ensure the effectiveness of its work.

              WFP recently reported that it had taken more than three months to gain access to areas of Arakan State, where people were reported to be on the brink of major food shortages.

              Aid workers now fear the situation may be about to deteriorate further as an indirect result of the junta’s decision to move inland—a process it is understood will continue into next year.

              The UN, for the meantime, is adopting a wait-and-see approach, Petrie said, and will therefore not decide whether to relocate personnel to Pyinmana until the situation settles. He suggested the least disruptive solution would be for the government to set up a liaison office to deal with international aid agencies, an option WFP said it heard was likely.

              “However, it is not the same when you are in proximity and [can] meet with counterparts at short notice,” the organization’s representative added.

              FMore information please visit http://www.burmanet.org/

              Pao Lal <plaltonsing@...> wrote:

                Kei mah in pen Mangkang pau thupingaihlouh ka hihman in Mangkang pau toh ki gelh peuhmah hong pe nawn kei un. Pasian thu hiin thu dang ahi zong in.

              On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 Mr.Thangte wrote :

              >Thanks for adding me in your group.
              >
              >I like dicussion of Christianity in Religious e-group. Some of us are quite religious, so they use to write in non religious e-groups..
              >
              >Thanks
              >May God bless Zo peoples.
              >
              >Salai Thangte
              >blessedzomi Moderator <blessedzomi-owner@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              >
              >Hello,
              >
              >I've added you to my blessedzomi group at Yahoo! Groups, a free,
              >easy-to-use service. Yahoo! Groups makes it easy to send and receive
              >group messages, coordinate events, share photos and files, and more.
              >
              >My introductory message to you:
              >welcome to this group
              >
              >Description of the group:
              >You can post anything in this group but do it only for the glory
              >of God.
              >

              >Important information about the blessedzomi group
              >
              >* To learn more about the blessedzomi group, please visit:
              >
              >* To view and modify all of your groups, visit:
              >
              >Regards,
              >
              >Moderator, blessedzomi
              >
              >Report abuse:

              >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              >

              >---------------------------------
              >  Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

            • james jordan
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
                i did not join this room
                remove me please.

                it is not nice to add people without their permission.
              • kham thang
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
                  Me either. Plis remove me immediately.I've never requested some one to add me to join this group.

                  james jordan <jesushunter@...> wrote:
                  i did not join this room
                  remove me please.

                  it is not nice to add people without their permission.

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/xYTolB/TM

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Naulak Lian
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 12, 2005
                    Dear Blessedzomi yahoo group moderator please delete my mail account from your group, I have enough mail from zomi group, it is enough for me .I don't need too much group. And  if you want to send me again please use zomi languages, so that I can understand better.

                    On 11/11/05, kham thang <thangbawi26@...> wrote:
                    Me either. Plis remove me immediately.I've never requested some one to add me to join this group.

                    james jordan <jesushunter@... > wrote:
                    i did not join this room
                    remove me please.

                    it is not nice to add people without their permission.

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/xYTolB/TM

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Cause Issues Culture
                    Cause and effect essay Causes of depression Culture club

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  • [[ Muang Naulak ]]
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 6, 2007
                      Hello
                      Pu moderator

                      Thanks but no thanks, I'm not interested! Please unsubscribe me!

                      Lungdam
                      Muang Naulak

                      On 6 Jun 2007 14:15:02 -0000, blessedzomi Moderator < blessedzomi-owner@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      Hello,

                      I've added you to my blessedzomi group at Yahoo! Groups, a free,
                      easy-to-use service. Yahoo! Groups makes it easy to send and receive
                      group messages, coordinate events, share photos and files, and more.

                      My introductory message to you:
                      Lungdam

                      Description of the group:
                      Ps 33:12
                      Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
                      The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.
                      NKJV