UrbanSocialites Introduce Charlotte Black Gay Pride 2013 July 15-21 http://cbgp.org/

  • Chris Frederson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013

      The Board of Directors for Charlotte Black Gay Pride is proud to present:

      G.R.O.W. U.P.
      Gay Rights – Openly Working toward Unity and Peace.
      July 1
      8-21, 2013

      Thursday
      Charlotte Black Gay Pride G.R.O.W. U.P. Official Town Hall Meeting (6:30 PM)
      LGBT Center: 2508 N Davidson St Charlotte, NC 28205
      Together we stand, divided we fall. The town hall this year is specifically important as we, as a community, come together to lay out what our vision will be going forward as LGBT men and women of color in Charlotte, North Carolina. We're excited to announce that the town hall will be moderated by Charlotte City Councilwoman LaWana Mayfield. And that's just the first half! Also, we will be will have a speed dating game, a
      newlywed couple type game (how well do you know your partner), and a Mix and Mingle
      with music and light hors d'oeuvres. To get everyone in the socializing mood, there
      will be a cash bar! For more information, or to submit ideas or suggestions for
      topics or games, please reach out to Gwen@...<mailto:Gwen@...>  or

      Friday
      Mix and Match Meet and Greet (7:00 PM)
      Crowned Plaza Charlotte Uptown
      201 S McDowell St Charlotte, NC 28204
      Our host hotel, Crowned Plaza, will be the site of our meet and greet. And for our
      out of town guests, mention CBGP when booking and reserve a hotel room for the low
      price of $99 per night. Book now because these rooms won't last long! For our mixer,
      we are featuring a CBGP designed specifically for us by our Board Chairperson that
      will be available for a low price for all patrons. The mixer will begin at 7:00 p.m.
      For more information, please reach out to William@...<mailto:William@...>

      Saturday (10:00 AM-2:00 PM)
      Expo Extravaganza
      Naomi Drenan Recreation Center
      750 Beal Street Charlotte, NC 28211
      Our signature event! Do you remember the expo events from the past? No? We don't
      either and that's why we're making this one the biggest ever. We're taking over
      Arbor Glenn Outreach Center and there's room for everything! And I mean everything!
      We're going to have setups for product vendors, a stage to present two block party
      zumba sessions, food vendors, a drag show, open mic for singers and poets. There is
      special pricing for 501(c)3 and not-profit organizations (information coming out
      soon!). All the while, the basketball tournament is going on inside the gym. This is
      guaranteed to be something for all! Please reach out to
      Gelisa@...<mailto:Gelisa@...>   for more information concerning the expo
      and to secure your vendor space now.

      Sunday = Fun day! (2:00 PM-6:00 PM)
      Charlotte Black Gay Pride Ole' School Field Day
      Naomi Drenan Recreation Center
      750 Beal Street Charlotte, NC 28211
      You remember field day from your school days right??? Well, this one is going to be
      even better! We're talking an open competition amongst teams and individuals. We're
      talking kickball, tug-of-war, three legged race and all your other favorites.
      They'll be prizes of course. This is nothing you've seen before in the Queen City
      and that's the way we like it! This is going to be hosted by all of our promoters,
      LGBT organizations and companies or individuals who support coming together for a
      sense of real UNITY in the community! We're also partnering with local churches to
      provide a worship experience that's outside the box and outside the walls of the
      church... But, it doesn't stop there! What's a field day without a cookout??? Yep,
      there's food, fun, worship, competition and the thrill of ending the week on a high.
      Will you be ready? I know we are! For more information, reach out to

      Charlotte Black Gay Pride 2013 July 18-21
      Like US on Facebook (CBGP)
      Follow US on Twitter (CBGP)