banSocialites Introduce Charlotte Black Gay Pride 2013 July 15-21 http://cbgp.org/

  • Chris Frederson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013

      https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/969565_10152403553161531_1393083738_n.jpgThe Board of Directors for Charlotte Black Gay Pride is proud to present:

      G.R.O.W. U.P.
      Gay Rights – Openly Working toward Unity and Peace.
      July 15-21, 2013

      In a slight change from recent years, we are aiming to make this a multicultural experience that will expand to a week long of events that focus on the mind, body and soul. We have events to enlighten and educate and workshops that cater to learning ways of staying fit and focused. I have included the skeleton of events that we are planning.

      Monday
      LGBT Center: 2508 N Davidson St Charlotte, NC 28205 7-9 p.m.
      Let’s Talk About Sex
      HIV/AIDS workshop sponsored by Power House Ministries for the males. For more information, please reach out to Brian@...
      Go Pink!

      Tuesday
      Coming OUT: Mind, Body and Soul
      LGBT Center: 2508 N Davidson St Charlotte, NC 28205
      7-9 p.m.
      This is a two part workshop hosted by CBGP Chaplain, Rev. Malu Fairley, where we focus on the struggle that many of us African-American LGBT face with dealing with our sexuality and our faith in God (or growing up in churches where our lifestyle is not tolerated). Also, in an effort to reach out to our young people, we will try to partner with Time Out Youth to offer our “coming out” stories to encourage and empower a new generation of LGBT. For more information, please reach out to Malu@...

      Wednesday
      CBGP BOOT CAMP
      LGBT Center: 2508 N Davidson St Charlotte, NC 28205
      6:30-9:00 pm
      Let’s get physical with a free palates class and also a free aerobics class taught by licensed professionals. Also, we plan to feature a nutritionist and offer free health screenings provided in partnership with CMC. Are you sore yet? Well, there also Licensed Massage Therapists on “hand” for free massages! All for the low price of FREE! For more info, please reach out to Gwendolyn@... or William@....

      Thursday
      Charlotte Black Gay Pride G.R.O.W. U.P. Official Town Hall Meeting
      LGBT Center: 2508 N Davidson St Charlotte, NC 28205
      Together we stand, divided we fall. The town hall this year is specifically important as we, as a community, come together to lay out what our vision will be going forward as LGBT men and women of color in Charlotte, North Carolina. We’re excited to announce that the town hall will be moderated by Charlotte City Councilwoman LaWana Mayfield.

      And that’s just the first half! Also, we will be will have a speed dating game, a newlywed couple type game (how well do you know your partner), and a Mix and Mingle with music and light hors d’oeuvres. To get everyone in the socializing mood, there will be a cash bar! For more information, or to submit ideas or suggestions for topics or games, please reach out to Gwenolyn@... or Kendolyn@....

      Friday
      Mix and Match Meet and Greet

      Crowned Plaza Charlotte Uptown
      201 S McDowell St Charlotte, NC 28204
      Our host hotel, Crowned Plaza, will be the site of our meet and greet. And for our out of town guests, mention CBGP when booking and reserve a hotel room for the low price of $99 per night. Book now because these rooms won’t last long! For our mixer, we are featuring a CBGP designed specifically for us by our Board Chairperson that will be available for a low price for all patrons. The mixer will begin at 7:00 p.m. For more information, please reach out to William@....

      Saturday
      Expo

      Arbor Glenn Outreach Center
      1520 Clanton Road, Charlotte NC 28208
      Our signature event! Do you remember the expo events from the past? No? We don’t either and that’s why we’re making this one the biggest ever. We’re taking over Arbor Glenn Outreach Center and there’s room for everything! And I mean everything! We’re going to have setups for product vendors, a stage to present two block party zumba sessions, food vendors, a drag show, open mic for singers and poets. There is special pricing for 501(c)3 and not-profit organizations (information coming out soon!). All the while, the basketball tournament is going on inside the gym. This is guaranteed to be something for all! Please reach out to Crystal@... or Gelisa@... for more information concerning the expo and to secure your vendor space now.

      Sunday = Fun day!
      Charlotte Black Gay Pride Ole’ School Field Day

      Nevin Park
      6000 Statesville Rd Charlotte, NC 28269
      You remember field day from your school days right??? Well, this one is going to be even better! We’re talking an open competition amongst teams and individuals. We’re talking kickball, tug-of-war, three legged race and all your other favorites. They’ll be prizes of course. This is nothing you’ve seen before in the Queen City and that’s the way we like it! This is going to be hosted by all of our promoters, LGBT organizations and companies or individuals who support coming together for a sense of real UNITY in the community! We’re also partnering with local churches to provide a worship experience that’s outside the box and outside the walls of the church… But, it doesn’t stop there! What’s a field day without a cookout??? Yep, there’s food, fun, worship, competition and the thrill of ending the week on a high. Will you be ready? I know we are! For more information, reach out to Correy@... or Malu@....